Forums

Why should anyone RP??? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-142-66105902

SaePls

SaePls

Posts: 1,367 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nathmatics said :
SaePls said :
I feel you, fam. My RP/friend circle was small because if this. There isn't much we can.do, though. That is internal growth/maturity that time can only grow and for some they'll never reach it out of choice. For now, cut out the toxicity (block, remove, whatever) and focus on the people that make you happy and reflect the type of community you'd like to see in the way you interact. I know how frustrating it can be but getting caught up in all the bullshit is just gonna drag you down. Good luck.

Thing is I find it sad that we have to just separate ourselves into splinter cells just because we cannot grow up and agree on how things occur/ed or simply because the person has a history of being "misunderstood."

Why not instead try to just understand where they're coming from and try to work together ? Obviously if they're not gonna listen, we do have blacklists/ignore.

"Kumbaya bitch" me all you want, I would've expected this sort of stuff from early teenagers, when in fact the earlier iterations were somewhat more agreeable and mature for everybody than today, where most of us bicker, or the few whom have 'retired' as it were have either left because of work, got bored, or generally lead more fulfilling lives doing literally anything else.

This is a game, it's meant to be fun , naturally if you're not having fun you won't play it, and I'm starting to get to that breaking point again.

I guess I've never found a problem in picking and choosing who I surround myself/interact with. In fact, I think it's one of the most important things you can do for yourself, if not THE most important thing.

I was more-so referring to blatantly toxic/manipulative people. There's a lot if misunderstanding out there, too. Hope you find joy somewhere, if not here.

13-Nov-2019 00:25:38 - Last edited on 13-Nov-2019 00:27:07 by SaePls

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SaePls said :
Nathmatics said :
SaePls said :
I feel you, fam. My RP/friend circle was small because if this. There isn't much we can.do, though. That is internal growth/maturity that time can only grow and for some they'll never reach it out of choice. For now, cut out the toxicity (block, remove, whatever) and focus on the people that make you happy and reflect the type of community you'd like to see in the way you interact. I know how frustrating it can be but getting caught up in all the bullshit is just gonna drag you down. Good luck.

Thing is I find it sad that we have to just separate ourselves into splinter cells just because we cannot grow up and agree on how things occur/ed or simply because the person has a history of being "misunderstood."

Why not instead try to just understand where they're coming from and try to work together ? Obviously if they're not gonna listen, we do have blacklists/ignore.

"Kumbaya bitch" me all you want, I would've expected this sort of stuff from early teenagers, when in fact the earlier iterations were somewhat more agreeable and mature for everybody than today, where most of us bicker, or the few whom have 'retired' as it were have either left because of work, got bored, or generally lead more fulfilling lives doing literally anything else.

This is a game, it's meant to be fun , naturally if you're not having fun you won't play it, and I'm starting to get to that breaking point again.

I guess I've never found a problem in picking and choosing who I surround myself/interact with. In fact, I think it's one of the most important things you can do for yourself, if not THE most important thing.

Ah, an ingrained clique mentality.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

13-Nov-2019 22:16:21

SaePls

SaePls

Lord Pyro I said :

No. A belief that everyone has the right to choose who they interact with and should use it.

I hope there are new RPers or new W42ers that are reading this.

Yes, you are allowed to pick and choose who you roleplay with. You have always had that right and no one can force you into interacting with them if you're umcomfortable with it because your mental health and what you surround yourself with is FAR more important than "keeping public roleplay alive". ;)

13-Nov-2019 23:49:46

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :

No. A belief that everyone has the right to choose who they interact with and should use it.

Yes, you are allowed to pick and choose who you roleplay with. You have always had that right and no one can force you into interacting with them if you're umcomfortable with it because your mental health and what you surround yourself with is FAR more important than "keeping public roleplay alive". ;)

Of course they have that right as they are all well aware and didn't need you telling them.

All you are trying to do is promote cliques as an idea by making it sound as if they are deeply needed on W42. As someone who has never permitted himself to pick and choose who rp with except based on RP rulebreaking I hope all new RPers will take note that I survived perfectly well thank you, despite receiving far worse from this community than any of them are thankfully likely to.
#WarIsComing

14-Nov-2019 19:09:06

SaePls

SaePls

Lord Pyro I said :
SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :

Of course they have that right as they are all well aware and didn't need you telling them.

All you are trying to do is promote cliques as an idea by making it sound as if they are deeply needed on W42. As someone who has never permitted himself to pick and choose who rp with except based on RP rulebreaking I hope all new RPers will take note that I survived perfectly well thank you, despite receiving far worse from this community than any of them are thankfully likely to.

People do need to hear it and I will say it.

I never mentioned forming a clique. I've been friends with people all across 42 and eventually commited to staying out of clans to freelance despite being hounded to join. I'm sorry if that's the way you're interpreting this, but it has absolutely nothing to do with cliques. Best of luck fam!

14-Nov-2019 20:38:41

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :
SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :

I never mentioned forming a clique. I've been friends with people all across 42 and eventually commited to staying out of clans to freelance despite being hounded to join. I'm sorry if that's the way you're interpreting this, but it has absolutely nothing to do with cliques. Best of luck fam!

Well... you didn't use the word, you just described something exactly like a clique without mentioning it by name.
#WarIsComing

15-Nov-2019 07:46:30

SaePls

SaePls

Lord Pyro I said :
SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :
SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :

Well... you didn't use the word, you just described something exactly like a clique without mentioning it by name.

It's possible for someone to be selective about who they interact with without being in a "clique". You're referring to a group of people and I'm talking about individual choice, not clique mentality. I can see how you'd maybe feel that way, but definitely not what I'm talking about.

15-Nov-2019 15:02:33

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Clique mentality is cutting out individuals and groups that having differing points of view to your own thus landing you into a group where everyone thinks as you do which in turn reinforces your views and strengthens your biases. I would call "being selective about who you interact with" to be pretty good shorthand for that. "The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

15-Nov-2019 21:43:32

Quick find code: 237-238-142-66105902 Back to Top