Forums

Why should anyone RP??? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-142-66105902

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seriously, why? You guys can't even share your make believe land without squabbling. You manhandle other people's characters without their permission, which in any RP group I've seen IRL gets you removed from the group and sometimes bars you from joining other people's groups. You threaten, harass and point baseless accusations at each other because you can't be bothered to play pretend nicely, which certainly isn't welcoming to new people looking to join the W42 RP community.

This section of the community is absolutely disgusting with the constant fighting. You guys make the shit I've pulled in other forum sections look tame. Your community is not friendly or welcoming and it will never be one that someone can enjoy RPing with because there is no basic level of respect between players. You don't even have to like each other to make any of this work. Just be mature and compromise on some basic rules instead of attack each other, how hard is that?

It's pretty fucking sad that you guys have drawn attention to yourselves from people who generally avoid RPing due to the shit show you created. You have the rest of the community watching in amusement with all your stupid drama and you should be fucking embarrassed.

Fix your shit. Seriously. RP used to be something I enjoyed with my friends ages ago and I went to check out the forum last month and all I see are adults fighting like a bunch of god damn children. Whether you take care of your dumpster fire or let it burn is up to you. I'll watch the drama unfold and laugh at every single one of you along with the rest of the community.

Have a lovely day and maybe try to hug it out or something.

PS: Thanks a lot for ruining RP for me(why I'm even posting this thread) and other people who might have been looking to participate. You guys are really something special. :)
WAAAGH!!!

16-Jun-2019 15:39:21

Smell Teller
Aug Member 2021

Smell Teller

Posts: 845 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You're absolutely right. The community is now controlled by a bunch of literal monkeys and all these people are bitter about things that happened years ago. Nobody can let go, nobody can forgive, and everybody refuses to forget.

To answer the question of why we should rp?

We shouldn't. Any quality it held, any fun there could have been, it's all long gone. There is no purpose.
Founder of the "Anti-Daniel" gang.

16-Jun-2019 15:43:41

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is amazing. Unironically, how did you hear about this? "The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

16-Jun-2019 16:07:40 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2019 16:42:17 by Syncreticeye

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oxtus said :
I RP because I still enjoy the stories I'm involved in, and potential ones I want to do too. Although I share the concerns of many about canon unity, it's only one aspect to things.

you also seem decent enough. how would you solve the canon issue without necessarily harming anyone else's experience?
WAAAGH!!!

16-Jun-2019 16:39:56

Oxtus

Oxtus

Posts: 1,454 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
Oxtus said :
I RP because I still enjoy the stories I'm involved in, and potential ones I want to do too. Although I share the concerns of many about canon unity, it's only one aspect to things.

you also seem decent enough. how would you solve the canon issue without necessarily harming anyone else's experience?

Well, I can say for sure that the strategy of trying to hurt Misthalin RP because of who is in charge there is just going to antagonise people. For sure, Kandarin is controversial and so disputing that is fine, but they need to be kept as separate issues.

That's the best compromise I can think of for now, as things stand.
I like beer.

16-Jun-2019 16:50:07

Quick find code: 237-238-142-66105902 Back to Top