Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
Archaeox said :
I've gone ahead and joined Mastodon.

What is Mastodon like?

Not bad, actually. You join a server that's linked to the Mastadon network, and it behaves in a way similar to Twitter. Many servers are themed or designed for particular communities, which is nice - you can choose to see posts only from your local server or from across the whole network.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

18-Nov-2022 15:38:22

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Another fun fact about Elon: he's a 'pronatalist' who believes his superior DNA needs to be spread as far as possible - which is why he's had ten children with three mothers (so far), and encourages other rich oligarchs to behave the same way.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pronatalism-elon-musk-population-tech-2022-11

19-Nov-2022 09:07:18

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Latest news: Musk has fired the Twitter ad exec he reportedly convinced to stay.

Robin Wheeler, Head of Ad Sales resigned, then un-resigned, and now she’s reportedly been fired.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/18/23467324/twitter-ad-sales-lead-robin-wheeler-reportedly-fired-salute
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

19-Nov-2022 11:57:18

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

So...
After running a poll, Elon has decided to allow Donald Trump back onto Twitter. (In addition to unilaterally deciding to readmit a satirical publication and comedian who had previously been 'permanently suspended').

Now, obviously, I don't want to get into the politics of that, BUT I would note that....

On November 1st, at a meeting with the Anti-Defamation League and other members of the #StopHateForProfit coalition, Musk undertook not replatform anyone , until he had installed a transparent, clear process that took into consideration the views of civil society.

This echoed a Tweet from October 28th, where Musk publicly said:

""
Twitter will be forming a content moderation council with widely diverse viewpoints.

No major content decisions or account reinstatements will happen before that council convenes.
""

So what we are seeing here, it seems, is the manbaby letting his emotions and/or personal beliefs get the better of him, yet again.

This kind of erratic behaviour will do nothing at all to reassure advertisers or other potential business partners that he is a) serious about the business, or b) capable of keeping his word, and will therefore do nothing to help Twitter become profitable, even if his actions attract more users to the platform .

For someone who's supposedly brilliant, he sure doesn't seem to understand people very well.

20-Nov-2022 14:25:57 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2022 14:51:30 by Archaeox

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
So...
After running a poll, Elon has decided to allow Donald Trump back onto Twitter. (In addition to unilaterally deciding to readmit a satirical publication and comedian who had previously been 'permanently suspended').

Now, obviously, I don't want to get into the politics of that, BUT I would note that....

On November 1st, at a meeting with the Anti-Defamation League and other members of the #StopHateForProfit coalition, Musk undertook not replatform anyone , until he had installed a transparent, clear process that took into consideration the views of civil society.

This echoed a Tweet from October 28th, where Musk publicly said:

""
Twitter will be forming a content moderation council with widely diverse viewpoints.

No major content decisions or account reinstatements will happen before that council convenes.
""

So what we are seeing here, it seems, is the manbaby letting his emotions and/or personal beliefs get the better of him, yet again.

This kind of erratic behaviour will do nothing at all to reassure advertisers or other potential business partners that he is a) serious about the business, or b) capable of keeping his word, and will therefore do nothing to help Twitter become profitable, even if his actions attract more users to the platform .

For someone who's supposedly brilliant, he sure doesn't seem to understand people very well.
Meh, it's the ADL. You give em lip service to get em to shove off then do what needs to be done. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should be using anything the ADL says or does as a baseline.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

20-Nov-2022 19:44:15

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Jack Flac said :
Meh, it's the ADL. You give em lip service to get em to shove off then do what needs to be done. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should be using anything the ADL says or does as a baseline.

Ok, so ignore the ADL.

Musk is still directly contradicting what he promised everyone, publicly, on Twitter itself, as he took over the company.

That, right there, is a problem: the kind of behaviour that scares off investors and advertisers.

20-Nov-2022 20:04:35 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2022 20:05:17 by Archaeox

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Today Elon is polling whether there should be a blanket amnesty for all banned accounts... you know, to let the misinformation peddlers, stalkers, harassers and serial trolls back in one big group.

Of course, he's only asking the people who follow him on Twitter (i.e. those most likely to agree with him because they're fanbois and fangirlz), while claiming this is "democratic".

24-Nov-2022 16:17:19

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Today Elon is polling whether there should be a blanket amnesty for all banned accounts... you know, to let the misinformation peddlers, stalkers, harassers and serial trolls back in one big group.

not to mention war criminals
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

24-Nov-2022 20:28:58

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Got to admit that since Elon took over at Twitter, I've created backup accounts on Mastodon and Hive Social, just in case things get too bad.

It occurs to me that Elon doesn't actually understand the difference between "democracy" and "mob rule".

25-Nov-2022 09:02:52 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2022 09:20:00 by Archaeox

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top