Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WOW. Still drooling over this TV.

Spent an hour or more just playing with the settings. So many to choose too. It came with 2 remotes. 1 main with everything on and a mini 1 with basic things on.

Now have it set up so I can use my Sky Q remote to work it.

Only thing I'm not using is the onboard speakers. I have a very good LG sound bar I like with optical cable. So thats being used instead. It's easy tos et up but again had to set up a sound delay. No idea why. Sound and lips were out of sync a little lol.

Today I'll have a set of mood lights around the back as the set I had I had to take off the tv I sent back. They were a mess and useless. I like me mood lights.

I'm very happy with the TV and the sound. The picture is amazing. Much better then my old 12 year old Plasma LG tv. I'm going to miss it though.

3 months of research came to this TV and it's amazing.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

11-Aug-2022 07:55:49 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2022 07:56:06 by Tuffty

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :

The sound going through my soundbar is the same. I might need to mess with settings. Says set to Dolby. Ermmmm.

You old TV might not have been capable of outputting Dolby to the soundbar, whereas the new one almost definitely will be.

If you go into the sound settings on the new TV there's probably the option of stereo or Dolby Surround (possibly labelled as Dolby Digital).

If your soundbar also has a way to switch between stereo/Dolby have a play with that too, though I think most soundbars will automatically detect what format is coming from the TV and no manual switching is necessary.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

11-Aug-2022 11:10:34

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ACPEvSI88

Used the above video to set a few settings up. Looks good so far.

The sound is set to Dolby Atmos. Still sounds good through the LG sound bar. Sounds even better through the TV speakers though lol. Ohhh the choices I have to make. Dump a £150 sound bar or use it.

So enjoying this tv. Best money I've spent in years. ;)

Still drooling over the quality of the picture.

Edited to add.

Got a nice set of mood lights for the back of the TV now. They do look good. Putting them on very soon.

11-Aug-2022 12:46:22 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2022 16:51:19 by Tuffty

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HyunA said :
Scouse said :
Rooh said :
:O Is that a cracked screen?

Screen aint cracked, it is under the screen, usually happens if a very tiny fly mistakes your tv for the way out and flies right into it or can also happen on a hot day while you have your patio open and a random feather blows in and crashes head first into your tv, other stories are like this...

2 year old niece visits and throws her 100% plush soft Olaf toy towards your tv

Drunken uncle visits at christmas and farts next to your tv

Auntie mabel with the really squeaky voice shouts cos she disagrees with the voted off big brother contestant while watching big brother on your tv

Dion gets an arcane sigil drop from corp, even from another continent "Private joke" haha

Or finally - Some random player scores a worldy against you while playing Fifa and you rage throw you pad without looking and it hits your tv haha

A few of those senerios have happened to me lol and i have priced repairs and found that it costs almost the same to repair these screens as it would be to replace the whole tv for a new one.

Makes me think todays tv's are not made to last, they are made to easily break so we always have to buy a new one =(

Gone are the days of just giving them a whack on top if the sound went funny or the picture was messed up lol

Much love

Scouse - Technician in disguise!

Love you

You know my response <3

Much love

Scouse - Forever greatful for the belief and friendship and #FreeScouse days <3
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

12-Aug-2022 21:10:22

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Thats Alfie my parrot A Boy or so we thought after 20 years.

Now sat on 2 eggs. More to come soon.

I can't believe Alfie is a Girl lol. All these years. Not changing names now.

My late Mam and Dad will be laughing about this. Still in shock and so is the rest of the family. ;)

PS. For people thinking the cage is dirty it's not. Thats the news papers about 3 hours after putting them in the cage. He shreads them to bits in seconds and they fall through the bars.

16-Aug-2022 09:32:24 - Last edited on 16-Aug-2022 09:33:31 by Tuffty

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

lol they won't hatch though which is a shame as I could sell them for £1000 each.

20+ odd years we all thought he was a boy because of the great singing and talking and now find out Shes a girl.

Huge change in the family that will take some getting used too.

16-Aug-2022 10:35:38

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps the recent really hot weather made Alfie feel like she was in the tropics and it triggered something. Are you going to leave them with her for a while? I assume that because they can't hatch they will go off. :(

16-Aug-2022 17:44:57

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Megycal said :
Perhaps the recent really hot weather made Alfie feel like she was in the tropics and it triggered something. Are you going to leave them with her for a while? I assume that because they can't hatch they will go off. :(

Yes I'm sure it was the weather we had as She was outside in 35c+ heat with my other parrot getting a sun tan. They both loved the sun while I was inside melting.....

As for leaving the eggs yes for a short time. I'm sure Shes about to lay another and she looks plumper.
Google says leave for a few days and if she does not lay any more then remove and throw away. They won't hatch.

Still in shock she laid them. Even my family are in shock as We were told She was a Boy and for over 20 years we treated her as a boy. Hence the name Alfie. ;)

17-Aug-2022 10:03:40

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Well after seeking professional help and advice I've chucked the eggs away. They will never hatch ever.

I also got some fresh cuttlefish and some calcium powder that goes in the water.

Just need to keep an eye on him/her to make sure all is well.

Still in shock a 21 year old so called boy parrot laying eggs lol. My late parents will be laughing at this. We all thought He was a boy. ;)

18-Aug-2022 13:29:11

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top