Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
^It must be quite exciting living near where the Commonwealth games are held?

The cycling time trials are the only event that's happening within 8 miles of where I live. I'm not excited by the games, if I liked watching sport then it would be more interesting. However I hope all those taking part and those who enjoy watching have a great time.

03-Aug-2022 22:37:44

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Instead of my husband driving to work today I took him to a railway station outside the road closure area so he could get a train into the centre. Thank goodness its not a train drivers strike today and the line isn't one affected by thieves stealing signaling cable.

04-Aug-2022 10:08:29

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09737QT4C

That 1. Be here Friday they claim.

That's a great price, it gets some really good reviews too!
If you haven't watched a TV with HDR or Dolby Vision before, be prepared for a treat, it's incredible.

Loads of 4K HDR content on Netflix and some on Amazon:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/find-netflix-amazon-hdr-content-2942413
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

04-Aug-2022 11:17:40

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cheers for that link. Be checking it out all day tomorrow. ;)

Also I've never seen any HDR or Dolby Vision before except in Curry's and they manipulate it anyway to make it look better lol.

I've also dusted off my glasses all ready for a new TV and hours and hours of fun.

I'll miss my old 50inch LG plasma as my late Dad bought me it. So thinking of putting it upstairs in bedroom.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

04-Aug-2022 13:03:12

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some of the best looking stuff in HDR is the various nature documentaries, they look absolutely incredible.

I'll have a scour tonight for some more recommendations ;)

04-Aug-2022 16:43:30

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll never understand you kids and your obsession with UHD xd

My husband is the same. He specifically seeks out UHD or HD versions of things. He accidentally rented an SD version of a film once and then went and rented it again in HD.

I personally wasn't fussed. Can I see it ok? Yes. Can I hear it? Yes. Good enough for me.

We laugh about how I'm a bit of a weirdo about it LOL

I just don't really see a big point in having ultra HD for it. I can see it just fine as it is. I don't need the camera quality constantly going funny
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

04-Aug-2022 21:15:41

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

UHD/4K is a weird thing, a good quality HD picture can look as good as an average UHD one, to get the best out of it , whatever you're watching needs to have been filmed in 4K... and yes, it's sometimes difficult to see the difference.

When it was launched though, HDR was introduced at the same time, and that makes much more of an impact.
I'll shut up and stop being am AV nerd now :P

05-Aug-2022 10:28:17

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Breaking News.

^^^^^ New TV ^^^^^

Tuffty is not happy right now..... :P

Goes back Monday. Got a refund. Can't get another as they are out of stock. Back to researching a new tv. :P

Edited.

Another New TV will be here Thursday. Same spot too. Can't be 2 broken TV's lol.

News soon.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

05-Aug-2022 12:32:57 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2022 13:55:51 by Tuffty

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top