Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
:O Is that a cracked screen?

Nope. Thats the screen I got when I turned it on.

When It went into standby mode it has a wiggly line like a figure 8 that had many many colours.

My heart sank when I saw it too. Was so worked up wanting to watch it. Been up since 5am lol.

It's packed up back in the box ready for pick up Monday. New 1 which is the same make due Thursday. Fingers crossed for No 2.

Full refund 5-7 days. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

05-Aug-2022 18:21:46

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
:O Is that a cracked screen?

Screen aint cracked, it is under the screen, usually happens if a very tiny fly mistakes your tv for the way out and flies right into it or can also happen on a hot day while you have your patio open and a random feather blows in and crashes head first into your tv, other stories are like this...

2 year old niece visits and throws her 100% plush soft Olaf toy towards your tv

Drunken uncle visits at christmas and farts next to your tv

Auntie mabel with the really squeaky voice shouts cos she disagrees with the voted off big brother contestant while watching big brother on your tv

Dion gets an arcane sigil drop from corp, even from another continent "Private joke" haha

Or finally - Some random player scores a worldy against you while playing Fifa and you rage throw you pad without looking and it hits your tv haha

A few of those senerios have happened to me lol and i have priced repairs and found that it costs almost the same to repair these screens as it would be to replace the whole tv for a new one.

Makes me think todays tv's are not made to last, they are made to easily break so we always have to buy a new one =(

Gone are the days of just giving them a whack on top if the sound went funny or the picture was messed up lol

Much love

Scouse - Technician in disguise!
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

05-Aug-2022 22:03:49

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That made my day Scouse. Always cheer me up on a shitty day.

Hope on Thursday unpacking day of TV No 2 it will go well. Hope my parrot does not fart near the TV before it's set up or the screen might mess up.

I'm so glad I didn't put my old tv in the car and take it to recycling. Was soooooo close to doing that. Glad I tested the new tv first and found it broken.

By the way Amazon were amazing and offered a refund in seconds and collection on Monday. Thats good Customer Support. After all I've got close to 2000 items from them in a few years. :P

06-Aug-2022 10:12:50

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :

By the way Amazon were amazing and offered a refund in seconds and collection on Monday. Thats good Customer Support. After all I've got close to 2000 items from them in a few years. :P

I know Amazon get a lot of criticism on certain issues, but their customer service is usually excellent, I've never had any problem returning anything.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

06-Aug-2022 11:57:43

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

I've only returned 4-5 items maybe due to being busted.

When I contact Amazon I always say I have no printer for the lable and then they just say recycle the item/s.

I don't have a printer by the way.

Never had an issue with them really. Always been super helpful.

^^^^ Thats how many items I've bought from amazon this year. :P

I also joined Amazon in 2008. Long time. :P

07-Aug-2022 12:35:15 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2022 12:36:23 by Tuffty

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top