Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

What's the deal with Auto-correct? More like Auto-incorrect, am I right?

So I'm messaging with my sister earlier, and I used the word "bajillion" and messenger auto-corrected it to "bazillion". So I googled "bazillion" to see if it was actually a word, and the first thing Google said was "Did you mean gazillion?". What's up with that?

03-May-2023 07:43:30

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Origin Nexus said :

What's the deal with Auto-correct? More like Auto-incorrect, am I right?

So I'm messaging with my sister earlier, and I used the word "bajillion" and messenger auto-corrected it to "bazillion". So I googled "bazillion" to see if it was actually a word, and the first thing Google said was "Did you mean gazillion?". What's up with that?

How many bazillions are there in a squillion? Or is it the other way round?
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

04-May-2023 10:18:34

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evening all.
Contrary to popular belief I didn't walk to the edge of the world and fall off, nor get abducted by slavers (too old and gristly for that).

What I did do was buy a new computer some while back and couldn't sign in to RS and was, as is my wont, far too lazy to bother to find out why.

I trust all is well with the forum chaps and chapesses - now I must away and look at the game and see what tomfoolery has been taking place in my absence.

:D
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-May-2023 22:34:22

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Thank you :) And to you too, it would seem.
I'd be happy if I could find the button to press which enabled me to actually play the game but, alas, there doesn't seem to be one any more. It's almost as though the owners of RS don't want me to play RS. Although there is a very large "Subscribe" button, naturally. Such is life.
Le Chat Guerrier

04-May-2023 22:49:23

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Try the "Download" button. There's a whole new "Jagex Launcher" with some kind of new "Jagex Account" thing... I'm not really sure I understand all of it, but all I know is that I don't need to type in my account info anymore to play the game.

I think you have to "migrate" older accounts into a new "Jagex Account", but, since I just made a whole new account (which is a Jagex Account), I have no idea what the process is for migrating an older account into the new system.

04-May-2023 22:55:20

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Ah. A new system. I should have guessed. One designed entirely to bamboozle the elderly, no doubt, and probably horribly techie and complicated which will leave me in a snivelling, tearful heap slumped wailing hopelessly under my computer desk.

I think I'll look at it tomorrow. It's raining tomorrow so I'll have hours spare to go around in circles, gnashing my teeth and cussing like a stevedore.

Thank you for giving me an idea of where to start, at least!
Le Chat Guerrier

04-May-2023 23:13:20

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

I think Tuffty's cheating. He's using the SAME Bakewell Tart for TWO different threads. Not only that, he didn't include a single pun about how well baked it was.

That's gotta be against some kinda rule! :D

05-May-2023 06:22:03 - Last edited on 05-May-2023 06:27:24 by Origin Nexus

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top