Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Although, I have to say, you are getting the worst of it. Destruction on a grander scale from the much greater demolition capacity afforded by long legs and formidable gnashers.

For me, the mayhem usually only extends to a height of about 3ft from ground zero ... a determined leap into the air now and then has been rewarded by two teatowels, a bath mat, a cordless phone and a carelessly placed woolly hat.

Oh, and the edge of a tablecloth delivered (after some vigorous tugging and shaking, no doubt) a vase of flowers, some plastic coasters and my car keys. The keys escaped unscathed, not so the various do-dahs and danglies which adorned the keyring.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

20-Jan-2020 21:16:14

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Ghazgkull said :
we need some chaos

At the moment I am more in need of a sure-fire way to stop The Puppy From Hell from chewing on the bottom of the Welsh Dresser.

So far I've tried applications to the wood of hairspray, mustard, pepper and some useless paste I bought from the Petshop.

Still, I should count myself lucky really. It's minor nibbles (atm) and not the total demolition job that some people have to endure ... eh :P
Have you considered training the puppy?
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

20-Jan-2020 22:36:53

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Although, I have to say, you are getting the worst of it. Destruction on a grander scale from the much greater demolition capacity afforded by long legs and formidable gnashers.

For me, the mayhem usually only extends to a height of about 3ft from ground zero ... a determined leap into the air now and then has been rewarded by two teatowels, a bath mat, a cordless phone and a carelessly placed woolly hat.

Oh, and the edge of a tablecloth delivered (after some vigorous tugging and shaking, no doubt) a vase of flowers, some plastic coasters and my car keys. The keys escaped unscathed, not so the various do-dahs and danglies which adorned the keyring.
Well I do think you have the advantage here by far, perhaps I need to resort to lopping him off at the knees. This is our sixth Dobie. You think we might have learned our lesson by now. :|

21-Jan-2020 11:36:42 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2020 11:38:00 by Jenesiis

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think you just have to accept a certain level of destruction with many pets.

Pups will chew everything in reach and cats love to knock things off shelves and claw everything.

...but you don't mind because you love them and stuff is just stuff that can be replaced.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

21-Jan-2020 12:15:22

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Wise words. And I wouldn't be without any of the Sniffers for all the tea in China.
But it's comforting to hear that I am not alone in witnessing the daily destruction of my earthly goods and chattels :)
Le Chat Guerrier

21-Jan-2020 13:09:49

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Wise words. And I wouldn't be without any of the Sniffers for all the tea in China.
But it's comforting to hear that I am not alone in witnessing the daily destruction of my earthly goods and chattels :)

But but ... isn't that why we love them? They teach us material possessions are worth little. It's the love that keeps us going.

If my house was on fire and I had 1 minute to save what I wanted, it would be family and family includes pets.

I think the feeling is mutual. That they would save us as well. :)

22-Jan-2020 23:12:16

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Oh, I dunno. That oak dresser is was worth quite a bit.

Only jokinggggg :P

Lol Feefs!! It does sound like a beautiful piece of furniture.

To protect it I'd suggest wrapping something around the bottom until said cute puppy loses interest. My pupper was a digger and to persuade him to stop I'd drop a rock into the hole he was digging whilst also telling him off. Surprisingly it did work, lol.

Dogs are the best. :D

23-Jan-2020 03:55:45 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2020 03:59:51 by Molly Weazly

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

We'll soon be sort-of getting another furry!

A couple who live nearby that we got to know through dog walking, well she died about 10 days ago. Really sad, she was only 52; it was pancreatic cancer. Anyway her husband works full time and was fretting about what would happen with their dog while he was out all day so I said he could come and stay here with us during the daytime.

It'll be a bit manic having 5 dogs again but I couldn't bear the thought of the poor bloke having to rehome his dog when he's just lost his wife, what a kick in the guts that would have been. He'd tried to find a dog walking/sitter service but there just aren't any locally :(

So in the next couple of days we'll be having him here for short periods to get him used to being with our unruly tribe before 'going live' .... thankfully he's not a large dog and at 8 yrs old I'm hoping he's lost his taste for chair legs etc.
Le Chat Guerrier

23-Jan-2020 10:12:56

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top