Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
we need some chaos

At the moment I am more in need of a sure-fire way to stop The Puppy From Hell from chewing on the bottom of the Welsh Dresser.

So far I've tried applications to the wood of hairspray, mustard, pepper and some useless paste I bought from the Petshop.

Still, I should count myself lucky really. It's minor nibbles (atm) and not the total demolition job that some people have to endure ... eh :P
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

20-Jan-2020 14:02:33

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Simple, remove the legs (from the dresser, not the puppy) and replace them with chew toys.
You're welcome.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

20-Jan-2020 14:12:26

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I first got my dog Pepper she would eat almost anything including 3 piece suit, carpets, shoes and TV/Sky remotes as well as 1 of my cordless phones.

The way I stopped her was easy.

I know you said you tried it with no joy but for me it worked well. I would dampen what ever she was chewing and cover it in Ground Black Pepper lots of it. Hence the name of my dog Pepper.

Worked a treat and for many months (fingers crossed) she's not touched anything.

Also what I did before going out. I said Be a Good Girl. If she was and did nothing I made a huge fuss over her and gave her 1 of her fav chew sticks. It really does help.

I come home and see her in the bedroom window waiting for me just to meet me at the door for her chew stick lol. She loves them and I make a huge fuss out of it that she can understand that chewing gets her nothing. ;) It will take time training. It does work.

So good luck.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

20-Jan-2020 14:15:10

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Lol ... yeah thanks Rooh.

It hasn't really got legs, just little feet that are concealed under the decorative skirting (?) at the bottom. It's that bit she's munching on.

I used ground black pepper ... I've seen her sit there and lick it off O_o I think I'll have to try something infinitely more revolting - I was thinking of a home-made mouth grenade of Cayenne, Hot Paprika, Curry Powder, Chilli Powder and Apple Vinegar held together with some melted soap.

If that doesn't stop her then I guess I can say goodbye to my rather handsome oak dresser as a thing of beauty.

She pretty much ignores her doggy teething toys .... her favourite plaything is a stolen Croc.
Le Chat Guerrier

20-Jan-2020 14:29:31 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2020 14:31:25 by FiFi LaFeles

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

I used ground black pepper ... I've seen her sit there and lick it off O_o I think I'll have to try something infinitely more revolting - I was thinking of a home-made mouth grenade of Cayenne, Hot Paprika, Curry Powder, Chilli Powder and Apple Vinegar held together with some melted soap.

Not going to work for me, I would have to cover most of the house in the stuff. So far Our Sid aka `come here you little shit` aka `leave the bloody cat ALONE` has not only demolished favourite chair, he has chewed two holes through the floorboards, above mentioned chair was actually positioned over them so that he didn`t get down to the crawl space, eaten the wooden fire surround, shredded the floor length curtain linings, am meaning to offer them to the local Am-dram for their next production of the Mummy, and since he has learned how to lift the latch on the baby gate that is supposed to keep him trapped in one room is now making a start on the stair risers and banisters.

My wooden desk that I sit at to use my PC no longer has knobs on the drawers rendering the contents safe there for eternity. He also particularly loves more technical playthings and helps himself to unguarded mobiles, remotes and for some bizarre reason tries to grab the cables from the back of the router so that I wonder why everything is lagging and I find I have about 12 broadband speed as the ethernet is out.

20-Jan-2020 14:58:18

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

The Ole Man came up with a 'brilliant' solution to stop your Sid from his jolly japes.
Get another puppy and they can chew on each other.

:|

A blank stare greeted my enquiry as to whether he would source a place for you at a local Homeless Shelter.
Le Chat Guerrier

20-Jan-2020 17:01:10

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
The Ole Man came up with a 'brilliant' solution to stop your Sid from his jolly japes.
Get another puppy and they can chew on each other.

:|

A blank stare greeted my enquiry as to whether he would source a place for you at a local Homeless Shelter.

What a really good idea, tell him thank you from me. Why did I not think of it.

Could this possibly be a case of another husband who does not have the constant job of picking up, wiping up, cleaning up, chasing after, sweeping up the constant chewed up kitchen rolls, post, cat food sachets and other rubbish fished out the bin, and any items swiped off the worktops when he goes counter surfing as he can now reach to the very back, and then aforementioned husband turns up in the evening when the weapon of mass destruction has exhausted himself (and me) and is lying angelically in his bed and says, I don`t really know what all the fuss is about, he is good as gold for me.

20-Jan-2020 17:26:02 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2020 17:29:07 by Jenesiis

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top