Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A good read. I particularly liked a post by one of the contributors:

"Everything evolves with time. Cultures do not stay exactly the same. They bleed over and influence one another all the time. As our world becomes more global, the faster those blends are going to happen. The difference between cultural appropriation and appreciation is respect. So long as we respect one another, we can learn from and enjoy each other's differences" .

It seems these days some people are so busy being woke and PC that they are actually stifling integration and inclusivity in favour of selective segregation and insularity.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Feb-2021 11:58:36

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Except this be "If you are White you cannot use this word because it's only for Black/of colour people". Which seems to be another law based entirely on race.

One law is decried whilst the other is upheld. Applauded, even.

Doesn't seem very logical.

It's not illegal to say, but in America, it is by far the most racially charged word you can utter. Whether using the colloquial version is inappropriate or not heavily depends on the context, and the subject is so delicate that most will never use it around black people unless they know it's okay (this is humorously referred to as having a "N-word pass&quot ;) . Addressing a black person with the hard "-r" version will at the minimum cause a verbal confrontation and likely escalate into an ass kicking.

Anyway, I think this kind of discussion is best addressed through comedy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOw_SzkRQ8

13-Feb-2021 18:46:03

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anywho, we had some delicious takeout that took way too long to arrive. It was still good tho.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

13-Feb-2021 21:35:29

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I brought frozen dumplings the other day and the kids and I had them as a pre dinner eats, they were tasty. Just threw them in the fry pan with water, once water did it's thing, added oil and fried until crunchy.

Would like to make my own ones one day with brought dumplings cases tho.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

14-Feb-2021 01:19:53

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gotta text from my boys father; 'I gave the boys a shower and you didn't pack them spare clothes.'

Last weekend they came home in the clothes they went there in, so this weekend didn't bother packing spare clothes <- what I texted back. Didn't hear back from him...
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

14-Feb-2021 01:26:15

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did a double-take reading about Dong's fried dumplings.
But then realised the word dumpling means different things to different people.

The sort of dumpling us Brits have with stew are Suet Dumplings, to be plopped into the stew/whatever for cooking. No filling, just a big blob of stodge.

So then I was looking at other types of dumplings, the filled kind that you do fry. I'm thinking now that I want to make some :P
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-Feb-2021 11:44:18

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top