Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

All the Christians I know would promote the use of contraceptives.

That's nice. 55% or so of Catholics (Think it was either Gallup, Pew, or PPP that polled this) also think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable (whether they're hardline or not is up to scrutiny). Doesn't change the dogma any.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Aug-2017 18:57:12

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

That's nice. 55% or so of Catholics (Think it was either Gallup, Pew, or PPP that polled this) also think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable (whether they're hardline or not is up to scrutiny). Doesn't change the dogma any.

How does this relate exactly?
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

23-Aug-2017 18:58:40

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Averia Light said :
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

You're smart- you should be able to make a conjecture or two based on you knowing how I like to argue points.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Aug-2017 19:02:28

Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light said :
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

I am curious, where does it say that you can or can't abort a fetus?

Something something views fetus as a human

Something something Fifth Commandment

Something something...

I am really kind of done with out of context posts.

It = religious dogma.

Oops in my tiredness I actually read commandment as amendment for whatever reason. Probably because due process makes more sense here than honor your mother and father. Unless I am mistaken about the where on the list the fifth commandment and fifth amendment fall.

I think you meant murder now that i look at the list though.

23-Aug-2017 19:05:53 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 19:10:06 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

You're smart- you should be able to make a conjecture or two based on you knowing how I like to argue points.

I'm really not (inb4rale)

Idk Catholic stuff. I know Christian stuff. As far as I am aware, there are topics where the two disagree, and one is the use of contraceptives.

23-Aug-2017 19:08:38

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Averia Light said :

Oops in my tiredness I actually read commandment as amendment for whatever reason. Probably because due process makes more sense here than honor your mother and father. Unless I am mistaken about the two.

I always confuse the Fifth and Seventh

Oh well, we all make mistakes.

But yea, it's their dogma that they're human, Seventh Commandment, thou shalt not kill humans, etc etc etc...

That's the gist of the dogma.

23-Aug-2017 19:09:11

Averia Light

Averia Light

Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

Oops in my tiredness I actually read commandment as amendment for whatever reason. Probably because due process makes more sense here than honor your mother and father. Unless I am mistaken about the two.

I always confuse the Fifth and Seventh

Oh well, we all make mistakes.

But yea, it's their dogma that they're human, Seventh Commandment, thou shalt not kill humans, etc etc etc...

That's the gist of the dogma.

Yeah i just looked at the list and i thought you meant murder. (I edited my last one). Oh well we both made mistakes.

And I think that argument centers around when life begins as opposed to any religious views.

23-Aug-2017 19:12:41 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 19:15:47 by Averia Light

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Averia Light said :

Idk Catholic stuff. I know Christian stuff. As far as I am aware, there are topics where the two disagree, and one is the use of contraceptives.

Errrrrr

Catholics ARE Christians >_>

But yes, Catholics (at least the Papacy and associated clergy) and are more or less extremely against contraceptives. The congregation is a different story.

The Western clergy (and just the West in general) is more classically liberal than your Eastern and European clergy, but that's one thing they are pretty much unanimous on.

But yes, the dogma is that it's evil to use contraceptives in Catholicism.

23-Aug-2017 19:16:19

Averia Light

Averia Light

With all due respect catholics =/= christians. There are several distinct differences between the two.

A big one is that christians don't really think as highly of the pope, or the vatican as a whole, as much as catholics do.

23-Aug-2017 19:18:31

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
With all due respect catholics =/= christians. There are several distinct differences between the two.

A big one is that christians don't really think as highly of the pope, or the vatican as a whole, as much as catholics do.

Nor Jesus - The Catholics seem to worship Jesus and Mary more than God :O
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

23-Aug-2017 19:27:03

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top