Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
With all due respect catholics =/= christians. There are several distinct differences between the two.

And there's distinct differences between Orthodox churches and Catholic churches, The Assyrian Church of the East, Lutheranism, Methodists, Church of England, etc etc etc...

It makes no logical sense to say one denomination is not "Christian" when they all share the same core beliefs because of what is, quite literally, semantics.

Then again, the majority of religion makes no logical sense, so...
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

24-Aug-2017 00:26:37

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,599 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Krista - One of your recent posts has been removed as inappropriate. Yes, the Forum Rules were recently relaxed and now allow for topics that would have been previously not been allowed as political or religious. However, posts still need to comply with the Rules of RuneScape , and that post did not.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

24-Aug-2017 00:28:08

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
With all due respect catholics =/= christians. There are several distinct differences between the two.

And there's distinct differences between Orthodox churches and Catholic churches, The Assyrian Church of the East, Lutheranism, Methodists, Church of England, etc etc etc...

It makes no logical sense to say one denomination is not "Christian" when they all share the same core beliefs because of what is, quite literally, semantics.

If you say so.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

24-Aug-2017 00:50:27

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
I just don't know how people can say it is right or wrong, it is up to the people involved what happens and not anyone else.

If its just a slapper that gets pregnant on a monthly basis or so and thinks "not too worry, i'll just get rid" then that can be seen as wrong but if there are some reasons for it then it can not be seen as wrong, reasons like what Feefs mentions or some serious complications to the childs life after birth should never been seen as a bad thing.

I feel very strongly about this issue because my sister had to abort her child at 25 weeks because the hospital found out really late that her whole back had not formed and her spine was showing from top to bottom, doctors advised this, my sister did not really want too but she knew that the baby would never have any kind of normal life, nobody can tell me that what my sister done was murder or wrong.

I'm so sorry for what your sister and her family went through. If the people stating abortion is wrong for any reason were to do any actual effort into fact checking, they would find that your poor sister's case is actually the reasons most people terminate their pregnancy's.

But it's more popular to hold this issue up as a distraction. I don't want to see any young life die. Not only human lives but animal lives as well. But in our advanced scientific age, we can benefit humans medically and to focus on one life over another just because of it's age is ridiculous.

If we can't defend abortion on any grounds because it's murder, then we can't defend war. No human, foetus, infant, child or adult, should lose their life. So no war, no capital punishment and oh yeah, no mother loses her life during pregnancy in order to save the baby.

I know I won't convince anyone to change their viewpoint. But I changed mine. I was not only against abortion, I served on a committee to stop it. That was when I was 12.

I've learned since then.

24-Aug-2017 04:48:03

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Averia Light said :
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

If you say so.

I mean, if you bothered to look at the history between each Christian denomination, you'd see there's differences between each of them (such as the Orthodox Church idolizing icons whereas Catholicism forbids it and the Church of England literally only forming because Henry VIII wanted to divorce but The Papacy told him no).

Does that make the Orthodox denominations "Not Christian"?

How about the Church of England? Methodist perhaps? The Lutherans? Oh wait, how about the atrocity known as Westboro while we're at it? Hell, why not just skip all of that and say none of it is Christian because the root of most, if not all, of these denominations is the Catholic church, which you assert isn't Christian?

Don't spit on my cupcake and tell me it's frosting.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

24-Aug-2017 06:56:43 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2017 07:07:38 by Team Skull

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Without trying to sound like I know it all I would have to say Christianity as a faith is not very complicated regarding its beliefs.

Christians basically follow the teachings of Jesus and believe that Jesus is the Son of God who came down in a physical human form to sacrifice himself to pay for our inherent sins. Simply believing that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah is enough to be "Christian".

The underlying message that Jesus taught was a simple one and it is rooted in the "Golden Rule". Put even more simply it is a message of love.

Living one's life as a Christian is not an easy thing to do because we are all sinners.

Christian beliefs are often confused with organised religion and its unavoidable corrupt traits and dogma. Jesus warned his followers against this man made corruption. The Roman Catholic Church and its hierarchy is a good example of this.
Make Your Own Magic

24-Aug-2017 10:01:58

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Molly Weazly said :

I'm so sorry for what your sister and her family went through. If the people stating abortion is wrong for any reason were to do any actual effort into fact checking, they would find that your poor sister's case is actually the reasons most people terminate their pregnancy's.

Or how about cases where the child is confirmed to have Tay-Sachs before birth? That child will die very painfully before the age of 4 in most cases (8 if they're really unlucky). Disregarding the absurd medical costs required to sustain life for such an infant, one would have to wonder:

IS it really looking after the well-being of a fetus in such a way that you're essentially violating a woman's bodily autonomy and forcing her to carry a child that will die very slowly and painfully to term, simply so you can stroke your ego and ride a moral high horse, saying "it's for the best interest of society to bring this child into the world"?

Doesn't that sound...sadistic?

24-Aug-2017 10:56:43 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2017 11:00:14 by Team Skull

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top