Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
With all due respect catholics =/= christians. There are several distinct differences between the two.

And there's distinct differences between Orthodox churches and Catholic churches, The Assyrian Church of the East, Lutheranism, Methodists, Church of England, etc etc etc...

It makes no logical sense to say one denomination is not "Christian" when they all share the same core beliefs because of what is, quite literally, semantics.

Then again, the majority of religion makes no logical sense, so...

If you say so.

I mean, if you bothered to look at the history between each Christian denomination, you'd see there's differences between each of them (such as the Orthodox Church idolizing icons whereas Catholicism forbids it and the Church of England literally only forming because Henry VIII wanted to divorce but The Papacy told him no).

Does that make the Orthodox denominations "Not Christian"?

How about the Church of England? Methodist perhaps? The Lutherans? Oh wait, how about the atrocity known as Westboro while we're at it? Hell, why not just skip all of that and say none of it is Christian because the root of most, if not all, of these denominations is the Catholic church, which you assert isn't Christian?

Don't spit on my cupcake and tell me it's frosting.

You are using catholic statistics to make a point about christianity. I am not entirely sure what you want me to say here. Not only that, but we were talking about contraceptives, and the statistic was in regards to gay marriage.

I grow bored of backtracking though. So I mean, if you want to argue about how catholics feel about gay marriage, then go ahead, but you will be arguing with yourself.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

24-Aug-2017 11:24:38 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2017 11:29:22 by Averia Light

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

You are using catholic statistics to make a point about christianity. I am not entirely sure what you want me to say here. Not only that, but we were talking about contraceptives, and the statistic was in regards to gay marriage.

I grow bored of backtracking though. So I mean, if you want to argue about how catholics feel about gay marriage, then go ahead, but you will be arguing with yourself.

Like I said, you're smart. You should've seen the underlying point I was making. Guess I overestimated you.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

24-Aug-2017 11:55:38

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
Not taking the bait from the beasty boy.

Nobody said you were under obligation to :P
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

24-Aug-2017 16:23:15

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
there is an planned parenthood right around the corner from my high school (lol)
for at least the last 11 years, the 4 i was in school and 7 since i graduated, there has been people protesting infront of it every fuckin day of the week all day long. usually there is only a couple of them but some days theres like 20+ people. they are the most scum of the earth, vile and disgusting people ive ever seen.

you all may have heard about it but a couple years ago some crazy dude went on a shooting spree there. at the time i worked about a mile a way. id see those people all the time when i went to lunch. always had such terrible interactions with them
Old School

24-Aug-2017 16:38:44

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top