Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Yeah, Nex, I definitely see where you're coming from. I agree with you tbh.

I definitely think it's more fun when it's like, user specific though. I love answering questions, so I really had a lot of fun with the one that I made.

When it's a specific user "Ask" thread, then there is a direction for the thread to go. The thread's topic is about that specific user.

A generic "Ask" thread for everyone to use, has no direction. It's basically another "chat" thread. It just makes things more awkward because the person you're asking the question to, may never even see the question.

Not that I'm opposed to a generic "Ask" thread, if that's what the community wants to engage in.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Feb-2019 00:56:00 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2019 01:00:01 by Nexus Origin

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Brigantia said :

I definitely think it's more fun when it's like, user specific though. I love answering questions, so I really had a lot of fun with the one that I made.

When it's a specific user "Ask" thread, then there is a direction for the thread to go. The thread's topic is about that specific user.

A generic "Ask" thread for everyone to use, has no direction. It's basically another "chat" thread. It just makes things more awkward because the person you're asking the question to, may never even see the question.

Not that I'm opposed to a generic "Ask" thread, if that's what the community wants to engage in.

Nah I definitely see what you mean. I'm down for whichever. I don't see how they were spammy or violating the rules since every person who made one was different y'know. Granted the opening post was pretty generic, the direction it went was pretty different I think
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 01:17:22

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

The Code of Conduct even states that people may create their own "duplicate" threads (and encourages it) if they have a different opinion than that of an existing thread topic of the same kind.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Feb-2019 01:37:52 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2019 01:39:01 by Nexus Origin

Brigantia

Brigantia

Nexus Origin said :
The Code of Conduct even states that people may create their own "duplicate" threads (and encourages it) if they have a different opinion than that of an existing thread topic of the same kind.

It's even worth more discussion than any spam thread. It was pretty fun.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 02:03:45

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

I know right? I had a lot of fun.

It was quite a bit of work on my end. I know it might not have seemed like it, but I was trying to keep up with all the threads, making sure to have more questions ready as soon as the previous ones were answered, making sure other threads were attended to when they were posted on, smithing rune arrowheads at the same time, making sure I had plenty of YouTube videos going... chatting online... there was a lot going on for me. But I had a blast, and it looked like everyone else was enjoying themselves as well.

Tenebri did a very good job keeping up with the questions, he put a lot of effort in as well. The only question he didn't answer was the one about who had the better hair, Bob Ross or Bob Pinciotti.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Feb-2019 02:33:09

Brigantia

Brigantia

I did my best to answer them all. It was a fun time. :) I appreciate the work you put in <3

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 02:38:29

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :

Maybe they will bring it back - who knows :)

To me, it's was fun, a good read, good humour etc - When duplicates are made not so much, the fun will go as each thread becomes pretty much a muchness.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Feb-2019 07:52:27

Brigantia

Brigantia

You're just mad because if you made one it would say "Ask a Dong" and that's not appropriate.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 08:10:08

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top