Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
I goto 3-4 events a year and to see the kids with painted facfes is fun.

I used to paint my nephews face when we went to events with out prize winning dogs. Now He's 23 lol. Little too big for painting his face.

Naaaaaaah. We're all kids on the inside. I'm 23 myself, I'd still rock some facepaint.

That's always fun though. It was my first time doing it tbh. Overall I think I did relatively okay, but honestly I was not expecting that sort of environment as I was not told it would be children.

I'M NOT GOOD WITH KIDS BUT SOMEHOW I FAKED IT.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

05-Feb-2019 18:36:35

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
" Too much of a good thing" so to see more popping up took away from the existing threads their specialness*.

I have to agree with this.

Even those few threads weren't the first ask me threads to come into the forums over the years. Yes, it was fun while it lasted :)

Why not have one Ask Me thread for everyone: and if you have a question you state: Brigantia do you have any pets? or Tuffty how much time do you spend with your pet every day? or Nexus Origin do you have a collection of gif waiting for the right moment? And you can answer or don't answer your choice.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

05-Feb-2019 23:57:16 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2019 23:57:59 by Dong U Dead

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I always have GIFs ready, for any occasion.

I also have tons of threads ideas that can be created at a moment's notice.

I just think it's discriminatory that certain people are allowed to have "Ask" threads, while others aren't. Aren't we all equal on the forums?

Don't you think it's a bit discriminatory that I'm allowed to have an "Ask" thread, just because I used to be an FMod? Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't that seem like favoritism?

I think everyone should be allowed to have an "Ask" thread, so that everyone has the same opportunity to be asked questions, and others can learn things about them.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Feb-2019 00:08:22 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2019 00:09:16 by Nexus Origin

Brigantia

Brigantia

Nexus Origin said :

Don't you think it's a bit discriminatory that I'm allowed to have an "Ask" thread, just because I used to be an FMod? Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't that seem like favoritism?

Actually, I did notice that, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be a dick. Honestly, that doesn't seem to be ANY different from the Ask Me threads that we ended up making. Hell, I'm pretty sure Fmods, or even ex-Fmods aren't allowed to divulge much information regarding procedures, menus, or whatever. Plus this is OFF TOPIC, and Fmods are very much related to RuneScape, so it sounds like it's no different from anything else.

Perhaps I should make an "Ask a Demon" thread, just to go with what occurred last night. That'd be kinda neat.

But yes, it does seem like favouritism.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 00:25:03

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

The problem is you don't want the forums overrun with Ask me threads - I can see where Tuffty is coming from.

It is fun and it's not fair to have one and no one else can do it. So there needs to be a compromise like I suggested - have one ASK ME thread for the forums.

06-Feb-2019 00:31:27

Brigantia

Brigantia

Dong U Dead said :
The problem is you don't want the forums overrun with Ask me threads - I can see where Tuffty is coming from.

It is fun and it's not fair to have one and no one else can do it. So there needs to be a compromise like I suggested - have one ASK ME thread for the forums.

Lucky for you, there is! It can be found here.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 00:33:07

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Brigantia said :
Dong U Dead said :

Lucky for you, there is! It can be found here.

I am pleased you made one :)

06-Feb-2019 00:35:19

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
How many active forumers do you think are using Off-Topic? There are literally 2000 slots for threads. There is no way that the forums will get overrun with "Ask" threads. And even if lets say 20 people made "Ask" threads, what difference would it make, if those threads are being used? Isn't that the point of the forums? To create threads for people to engage in?

I don't see the logic in preventing people from making threads for people to engage in, if the people want to make the threads, and people want to engage in them?

How many food threads do you think there are? Do you see anyone preventing people from making and engaging in new food threads?

It's silly honestly. If this is what the community wants, why stop them?

It's just another reason why the forums are so slow these days.

People are having fun, and then the fun police show up...

"Sorry, too much of a good thing, you'll have to stop now". :P
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Feb-2019 00:41:39

Brigantia

Brigantia

Yeah, Nex, I definitely see where you're coming from. I agree with you tbh.

I definitely think it's more fun when it's like, user specific though. I love answering questions, so I really had a lot of fun with the one that I made.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Feb-2019 00:51:13

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top