Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Ghazgkull said :
Nexus Origin said :
Frank sounds like a far left activist, trying to manipulate those who won't bother to take the time to actually check what the facts are.

Frank is bad. Frank should feel bad.

I'm glad you're back Tuffty, you're far more intelligent than Frank, and much less manipulative.

the far left is insulted by your statement lol

That's funnier than it probably should be.

[TRIGGERED]
WAAAGH!!!

05-Feb-2019 17:41:51

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
I'm not here though to piss people off. I'm just here for the fun.
Me too, I'm just here for the fun. I'm not mad at you Tuffty.

It's just frustrating when you put so much effort into drumming up activity on the forums, and creating fun, just to have someone step in and basically say "No soup for you!".

10 hours I worked on that.

10 hours straight. :|

We're all here for the same thing.

And to be called spammers? That's not fair. That's not nice. That's not true.

The people asking the questions, were having fun.
The people answering the questions, were having fun.
No one was breaking any rules.

It's the illogicality that I just have issues with. My brain just can't comprehend the logic behind taking action against people who weren't breaking rules, and who were providing and receiving entertainment from and for the community.

I've raised the issue in the appropriate place. I figure a day or maybe two before a response is given. I don't know if I should even have any hope of it actually having any affect however.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Feb-2019 17:46:26 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2019 17:49:04 by Nexus Origin

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really did enjoy the heckin heck out of that. The questions were hilarious, and not to sound too awful bad but the questions were almost spammy without being spammy. It was great.

I had a lot of fun. :L
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

05-Feb-2019 17:52:42

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus I get what you are saying and the last thing anyone wants is a locked thread but (wish Frank was back) but I'll give it a go lol

To see 2-3 Ask me threads was good and fun and really enjoyable. Don't get me wrong I liked them and have posted on them in 1 way or the other. I'll also post on them some more.

The thing that got me was and it's down to the old saying " Too much of a good thing" so to see more popping up took away from the existing threads their specialness*. (Is that a word) If you can follow that. It watered down the other threads. Yes they were ok but again for me just a little too much.

As I said it's being discussed elsewhere and news will follow soon.

*. Not sure thats the right word I was looking for.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

05-Feb-2019 18:00:09

Brigantia

Brigantia

Tuffty said :

As I said it's being discussed elsewhere and news will follow soon.

I hope you'll give us an update. :(

Like Toph said, it's a pretty fair compromise.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

05-Feb-2019 18:02:27

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
The thing that got me was and it's down to the old saying " Too much of a good thing" so to see more popping up took away from the existing threads their specialness*. (Is that a word) If you can follow that. It watered down the other threads. Yes they were ok but again for me just a little too much.
Too much fun is a bad thing, thus it must be stopped?

Here's what gets me the most...

No one is being forced to participate in any of those threads. Those threads existing, don't affect anyone's ability to engage in other threads. I explicitly made sure that if someone responded to a different thread, that it wasn't simply ignored and pushed down the forums. I explicitly made sure that if someone brought up a different thread, I would make sure to respond to it, so it didn't feel neglected.

If someone doesn't wish to engage in one of those threads, they don't have to.

But when someone decides they don't wish to engage in those threads, and then makes the decision that no one else should be allowed either, that's not right.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Feb-2019 18:05:29 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2019 18:07:37 by Nexus Origin

Brigantia

Brigantia

So uh

A few years ago, 2015? I think, I did a thing. I was a face painter for a middle school math competition Pi day thing.

@CapnBrigantia

05-Feb-2019 18:24:38

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top