Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

Birth control is not permitted either (except for that good old 'withdrawal' method) and I'm not entirely sure that hardline Catholics even allow that.

At least in America, there was hard debate as to whether religious workers should be mandated to supply contraceptive care to female workers under insurance policies (Thanks Hobby Lobby for that).

But yea, most hardline Christians (let alone Catholics) would disallow the use of contraceptives.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Aug-2017 15:58:35 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 15:59:02 by Team Skull

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Bernadette said :
Scouse said :

I feel very strongly about this issue because my sister had to abort her child at 25 weeks because the hospital found out really late that her whole back had not formed and her spine was showing from top to bottom, doctors advised this, my sister did not really want too but she knew that the baby would never have any kind of normal life, nobody can tell me that what my sister done was murder or wrong.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your sister and her baby, Scouse. That is such a heartbreaking situation, made no better by those who choose to moralise on the decisions she had to take.

Such a deeply personal decision is for parents to make, and be given support whatever they choose.

This.

But what about god

23-Aug-2017 16:11:29

Fawx
Nov Member 2023

Fawx

Posts: 7,470 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not stepping too far into this subject, as it'll be subjective and controversial for as long as we humans walk the earth

But

Personally, my ex partner and I had to follow through with an abortion because the baby had a heart defect and would not survive the birth.

I was them blamed for this which lead to the breakup but, it's something that effects us all.

We all need to agree that this topic will cause fights and just move on, this is a lounge. Not a debate centre ;P

Nonetheless, my personal and sole opinion is that in some cases it's a must, and if it's the choice of the mother. It's fine - personal stance only, no religion or subtle force elsewhere has effected this.
@FawxRS

Account Security

23-Aug-2017 16:33:37

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :

I am curious, where does it say that you can or can't abort a fetus?

Something something views fetus as a human

Something something Fifth Commandment

Something something...

I am really kind of done with out of context posts.

It = religious dogma.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

23-Aug-2017 16:49:10

The contents of this message have been hidden.

23-Aug-2017 17:00:27

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

I am really kind of done with out of context posts.

It = religious dogma.

Mind explaining how it's out of context?

Because that's literally what that specific religious dogma is. There's literally no other way to explain it.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Aug-2017 18:55:09

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top