Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evalie said :
MDove said :
There was a terrible fight last year, with attacks from other Eagles with
their Talons...the mother never surfaced.

Aww. :(

Watching these eagle cams can be so sad sometimes.

It can be sad, Evalie...yes.
Fascinating, tho.

Hoping
Dadz
catches the Link.

http://stewardsumrr.org/webcams/bald-eagle-nest-cam-live/

**Initially, did not leave the Link thinking someone would pipe-in
bout it being only http. But basically, it's a Gov site, sooo.
Cropped-out identifying info on previous pic.

11-Apr-2018 13:05:39 - Last edited on 11-Apr-2018 15:12:42 by MDove

Mistymoore

Mistymoore

Posts: 429 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also saw a Golden Eagle circling above us, There is a family of them in a small wilderness area near where we are :)

Very amazing

Oh I also have a Blue Fronted Amazon parrot (BlueBeard) he was a rescue parrot I love to watch him, does that count :P

14-Apr-2018 08:58:34

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great capture Evalie

Good way to get people engaged having a camera set on a nest there is a camera on a Peregrine nest near me

I know some people don't like them eating other birds but the bird they eat also eat other animals they don't seem to mind that though...

16-Apr-2018 22:11:05 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2018 22:11:45 by Wilf

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Other fledged sometime over the bank holiday weekend Some House sparrows too

More exciting news is the presence of Hobbies in the wood I've had them there the past few years but usually only late September when I hear them Heard them this evening though and will be trying to keep an eye on them

Also no Swift activity at home but at work one or two were flying up to the barn wall although most holes are taken by the sparrows

Should put some boxes up for them as there seems to only be a small population

Also a vole was wandering about while I was cleaning a wagon nice surprise

01-Jun-2018 21:02:40 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2018 21:03:14 by Wilf

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This week my daughter was at a library across the street from the school where she works waiting for the say to start. The library is about 50 yards from the lake. As she was standing there, a bald eagle swooped down and flew 12 feet directly over her head. She immediately texted everyone in the family. Quite the experience to remember. The rest of us are all a bit jealous.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

16-Jun-2018 22:17:50

Zephnar

Zephnar

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love birds. I haven't gone 'proper' bird watching yet but when I go on walks I love to absorb the nature, and the birds. A few weeks ago on a walk, there were about 7 galahs in a tree eating, and one was hanging upside-down trying to get his food. We always get willy-wag tails pigeons, lorikeets, butcher birds and new holland honey eaters at our house, sometimes with the occassional ibis, crows and magpies too. I have also seen these other small greenish-brown birds but I wasn't sure what they were.

Additionally, around the suburb I've seen red winged black cockatoos, galahs, corellas, pukekos, Australian wood duck, pacific black duck.

Next year I am studying vet nursing then after that will do veterinary studies and eventually ornithology. I'd love to take care of birds.

04-Aug-2018 02:28:48 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2018 02:41:18 by Zephnar

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top