Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's this time of year when I buy food for the little birds and put out fresh water daily.

I don't mind the birds as long as they don't poop on my motorbike cover.

I was hoping this year to see a Green Woodpecker in our local cemerty but nope not this time. I'll try in the Spring. Not seen 1 in years.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

06-Dec-2018 19:07:33

State Bird

State Bird

Posts: 1,095 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's nice to go through old threads from my forum profile and see some are still alive and doing alright.
Since my last visit on this thread, I've became a national park ranger and see many birds as I enjoy everyday of my job :) Plenty of rare ones I've seen too!

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

24-May-2019 07:52:31

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lucky you! I need to get back into the hobby really

Had Starling going into my swift box this year oh well at least something is using them not nested though just prospecting I think

All the garden birds have had one brood so far

07-Jun-2019 22:10:30

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We have a nesting pair of red winged back birds in our tupelo tree. They sure are aggressive with eggs and hatchlings in the nest!
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

11-Jun-2019 10:01:33

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We've had a pair of Blue Jays move into the neighbourhood, which we were not best pleased about, and sure enough a family of tits were attacked in our garden. One fledgeling was taken right under our noses, in a sudden swoop from nowhere, as we were watching their first clumsy flights from our kitchen window :(

Have noticed a big increase in Magpie numbers locally this year and we've got a pair visiting the garden - they get shoo'ed out as soon as spotted.

Two sets of Greater Spotted Woodpeckers coming down now; one at the rear of the garden the other at the far end - they studiously avoid each other.

One pair each of Chaffinch, Dunnock and Bullfinch are regulars. Definitely two pairs of Nuthatches.

The usual hordes of Tits, Blackbirds, Collared Doves, Starlings, Pied Wagtails, Robins etc.

One determined Wren kept attempting to build a nest on the eaves of a lean-to despite the amount of human traffic. I think he's finally given up.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

12-Jun-2019 01:58:08

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Magpies ragged three thrushes out of their nest last week which was disheartening they were blackbirds I believe though so not as bad as if it were the Song Thrushes

saw a pair of Stonechat while out for a walk a couple of days ago which was nice not seen any since a holiday in Northumberland a few years ago

All the young tits are constantly on the bird food now along with a bunch of Jackdaw who come for the fat balls enjoyably watching them establish a pecking order and poddle about the place

25-Jun-2019 21:08:19

The contents of this message have been hidden.

24-Oct-2019 09:08:41

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top