Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also I've opted out of the bluetooth speakers as the results wouldn't be as good as having a speaker inside the box, apparently. So I've spent £40-50 on a few things from amazon and hopefully I'll be able to get them to work together tomorrow.

When it is all finished I'll take a photo. Remind me if I don't please as I might have slacked on doing the thing lol.

23-May-2017 18:15:09 - Last edited on 23-May-2017 18:15:55 by Wilf

saddha

saddha

Posts: 4,181 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
Very nice!

Last month I was in Keswick for my brothers stag do and we were sat outside a pub after a long walk and there was a Raven on the other side of the wall. Apart from hearing a pair last year that's the only one I've seen in the wild. I know somebody who keeps one along with a number of other birds and they're pretty fun birds.

Can also be called an unkindness of Ravens I normally associate murder with crows

also a congress of Ravens too

I wonder how animals got these collective names

Not sure, but I didn't even know that it was called "murder of ravens". My wife told me. "Oh look some ravens" *plays Hitchcock soundtrack*
Burgers anyone?
Om amideva hrih

23-May-2017 18:55:32

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDWfQJ5U3Nk

Apparently that can't be used as supporting evidence against the gamekeeper...... case dropped. The incident was in 2013 and the case has been going since...

I think it is reasonable to conclude he fired the shot.

25-May-2017 22:15:11 - Last edited on 25-May-2017 22:19:19 by Wilf

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Put some boxes up and the calls are playing. Just have to wait for the Swifts to come by. They do fly past just not very often whereas up the road they're around all day.

The rain won't be helping either

Number of Blue Tits is definitely a lot lower than last year same with all species apart from Goldfinch.

Can't remember the last time I saw a coal tit or nuthatch.

A few nests appear to have been raided in the out buildings.

I don't know what is predating them personally I think it is the increase in cats. Only a few days ago one was in the lane eating something it had caught and then just by stalking about they're disturbing the adults.

05-Jun-2017 18:28:49 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2017 18:31:38 by Wilf

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Was watching a Kingfisher on the pond a couple minutes walk from my house brilliant views of it hovering over the pond and then diving in. Flew over the wall onto the river after eating the small fish. Was a male lucky to have seen it as I was driving past I noticed something fly from some bushes over the water and then back to the bush so went backl down after dropping the dogs off.

Made my day.

we've also had grey and pied wagtails coming onto the lawn and field throughout the day the past coup[le of weeks been catching insects to take back to chicks so have bred nearby probably on the mill next to the river somewhere. They must be quick as if you've ever tried to hit a fly flying past you'll know it isn't as easy as it looks when they just hop and run over and catch one in their beaks.

02-Jul-2017 12:28:55

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Took a hike through a favorite park last Saturday and saw a colorful bird we don't often see here, a Baltimore Oriole.

Also got to watch a Blue Heron fish in the marsh for a long time.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

02-Jul-2017 12:46:49

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top