Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4A6F6B6B75 said :
Please post something, I'm starting to get a bit worried :(

Don't worry, be happy.

BTW you'll have to work out the current status of my account yourself because if I tell you I'm breaking the rules or have they changed yet and i can say if I'm unbanned or not without getting my post hidden?

or do I have to go to the account help section to discuss my account status you leave for a month and you forget everything...

Plenty of young birds being fed round here now seen a family of mistle thrush and woodpecker in the wood too. willow tits, wheatear and ring ouzels by the reservoirs Skylark in the higher fields, linnets, lapwing, wagtails as well.

Starlings are foraging in the garden Greenfinch and goldfinch plus the usuals clear blue skies and warm weather has meant buzzards have been out in force too along with sparrowhawks

Also Swifts have returned here this week and I'll hopefully have at least one nest box up this weekend and hopefully have a sound system set up to draw them in.

at work the old barn is a hive of activity with the starlings and house sparrows going in and out of holes. It has also been colonised by some white doves 10+ of them now.

This time of year is one of my favourites everything suddenly comes alive.

11-May-2017 17:48:27

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

I would assume so as it would probably consider the Squirrel a threat especially this time of year and as such worthy of being mobbed.. Squirrels both red and grey are known to eat birds eggs and also fledglings., as do Magpies.

14-May-2017 21:37:29

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Friday night I saw a Barn Owl while driving couple of years since I last saw one again it was when driving.

I've got a swift box up now and I plan on using the design to make some more. I'll be collecting my CD with the swift calls tomorrow. I'll then go borrow back my bluetooth speaker and I will hopefully summon the local Swifts and get at least one pair to take up residence.

22-May-2017 21:03:57

Chief Elf
Apr Member 2017

Chief Elf

Posts: 5,115 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My sister and Dad lives in Melbourne, Australia and at their house, they have flocks of parrots as well as two friendly Kookaburras that come every morning and evening. Dad feeds them before going to work in the morning and my sister feeds them every evening. I'll look through my library to see if I have photos of them ^_^

Edit: We don't welcome Cockatoos to our house because they like to chip off the wooden barriers on our deck.
Mental Health
|
Sweaty Fingers
|
Mod Meadows

22-May-2017 21:11:55 - Last edited on 22-May-2017 21:13:06 by Chief Elf

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top