Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A bat once flew in my parents bedroom. Wonder what it was doing near your hair.

Reminds me today a sparrowhawk caught a starling in front of us luckily for the starling after being caught the sparrowhawk landed a few metres away so I spooked it and the starling retreated into the barn wall. Its cries were very moving.

11-Nov-2014 20:30:32 - Last edited on 11-Nov-2014 21:23:03 by Wilf

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it was an omen foretelling that I would one day turn into an old bat - that day draws ever nearer, but I fight it off as best I can :P

When the children were younger a sparrow hawk swooped and spooked a bird from the hedge, we managed to disrupt its evil intentions. I know it is nature, but I always want the little birds to escape.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

11-Nov-2014 20:45:44

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We saw a kestrel hovering low over the field, not sure what he was after.

Later on, as we drove into town, a pheasant shot out over a hedge being chased by something. Unfortunately they flew behind us so we couldn't easily see what it was.

Lots of great **** flitting around and I got a photo of a female chaffinch sitting in the beech tree. I am seeing a lot of magpies at the moment, as well.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

16-Nov-2014 00:25:41

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was in a rural area to help complete the photo documentary portion for a project about a pioneer family & all of a sudden all of the birds became quite. This startled me because they had all ceased to sing. I'm like, errmygwds, since I was in a 200 year old pioneer graveyard photographing headstones.

I then saw a shadow on the ground & when I looked up, much to my relief, flying above me in the sky, was a beautiful Bald Eagle! I took quite a few pictures of it.
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

19-Nov-2014 15:33:21

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top