Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My blackbirds have either grown up and moved out or been got by the dratted cats that are infesting the garden.

Watched a buzzard being mobbed by crows, they were not happy.

Haven't seen my little tufty squirrel again. He could be visiting, but the trees are in full leaf so could easily be hiding before making a dash to raid the feeders. I have put up the camera in the hope of catching a few pictures of him.

Last time I set up the camera there,I seemed only to get cats, although in the other garden it showed the fox Cubs - hoping they will move on soon. They have set up a den in a shed which backs on to the side of our garden

When the camera was set up in another area it caught a badger trundling around. I do hope it won't try setting up home. The camera also caught the foxes, and then we got a picture of what looked like the fox squaring up to the badger - no idea who won.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

04-Jun-2015 22:39:53

MrsWetlander
Sep
fmod Member

MrsWetlander

Forum Moderator Posts: 16,821 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Canadian geese have had the babies trailing all over the place. Sooooo cute !

We had one smaller bird type make a nest on the back light fixture. Not sure yet what it is. Can't get close enough to compare with some pictures. Been trying to give it the space it needs to be comfortable. But sooo curious to figure out what it is. Its an average sized bird, no distinct colors.

~ Mrs ~
"
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
" ~ Jimi Hendrix ~

05-Jun-2015 11:03:47

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
BADGER BADGER BADGER
I am not actually sure who I wanted to win - badgers are definitely more troublesome if they set up home, but it is nice they are still around and about.

The camera set up to catch the Red squirrel failed in its mission, however it did catch a badger and a fox - but not together. It also caught pheasant wandering around closer to the house and a couple of dratted cats that I hadn't seen before.

MrsWetlander said :
The Canadian geese have had the babies trailing all over the place. Sooooo cute !

We had one smaller bird type make a nest on the back light fixture. Not sure yet what it is. Can't get close enough to compare with some pictures. Been trying to give it the space it needs to be comfortable. But sooo curious to figure out what it is. Its an average sized bird, no distinct colors.
I am pretty bad at identifying birds, so I try to take photos of them with a telephoto lens to get a better look. That way I can stay further away and they don't fly off or hide. Most of my photos have been taken from inside the house through double glazed windows and, depending on the angle of the sun, they can turn out quite clear.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

05-Jun-2015 23:35:40

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm fairly confident it is a Chiffchaff. A migrant that arrives in spring and leaves in the Autumn. There are some that overwinter though.

The song sounds like its name chiff chaff chiff chaff

10-Jun-2015 18:29:28 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2015 18:30:20 by Wilf

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top