Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Elvishly

Elvishly

Posts: 46,086 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice to see you, Wilf : D

You're right. I think I'll see sparrows. I was going to go to Central Park today and walk alone like a lonely loner. But it's cold. But you just kinda of motivated me to go out and watch birds. I'm going to go get dresssed and see waht happens from there.

29-Nov-2014 19:05:21

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good luck pay attention for different calls if you hear something different could be a different bird!

And if they all fly off at the same time and start doing the same call over and over look around for birds of prey.

29-Nov-2014 19:45:24

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Had some time to spend watching the feeders today. The birds seem to like having them hung in the elder tree. There was quite a lot of activity at times and I got to see:

Great ****, blue **** and coal ****.
Goldfinches, greenfinches, chaffinches.
Robin, sparrow, dunnock, corn bunting, blackbirds, magpie, crow, pigeon

No woodpeckers or jays unfortunately.

Also lots of gulls and crows overhead and I could hear the ducks although they weren't flying over.

I think I might have to relocate the feeder with the mealworms as the magpie and crow seemed to be having too good a feast.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

30-Nov-2014 20:09:50

DrStrangelov

DrStrangelov

Posts: 131 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hehe, I need to fill mine back up. Squirrels are at em quite a bit, but I'm torn because really they need culling, yet I don't mind seeing them.

Think on countryfile they were saying willow **** are as rare as bengal tigers in our country.

Lucky in that they have a few areas round here where they seem to be holding out.

30-Nov-2014 21:00:12

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I must admit to quite liking squirrels but, luckily for the bird feeders, we don't have a problem with them here.

A few pages back Wilf gave advice on a good place to get bird feed if you ned to stock up.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

30-Nov-2014 22:27:24

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top