Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reading the wiki article for dude suggest the meaning has changed over the years, but of course will have cases where it is used for each of the various meanings.

I don't know how long the term dude has been used in birdwatching circles but birdwatching as hobby goes back at least to the point where it was a term used to describe somebody who dressed and acted in a way to fit in despite being a outsider.

I suppose sort of like a poser?

So dude as a general way to address somebody is the most recent evolution it seems.

17-Sep-2014 17:59:55

Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre

Posts: 1,322 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf is just a bird watcher pro.

And if people don't know he was a Cwar pro back in the day. A very competent scorer.

He even rescued me once when I was stuck in the corner by AFKers while I was attempting to burn the cades they were wasting. And on my old account in a game when us on Sara were getting trounced I began spam *GSing him so he couldn't score and he never even flamed me. :P
The Catcher in the Rye caught a Catch-22.

18-Sep-2014 00:19:55

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'Good stuff! Hope the photo was reasonable'.

---

Yes, the photos turned out rather nicely. Some of them I had to enlarge & edit the exposure, highlights & such in order to bring out more detail but all in all they make a nice addition to my collection.

I wondered why the Bluejays were heading north so I looked up information on Bluejays. As it turns out, Bluejays are a strange lot in that they migrate north some years & migrate south other years. Science is still trying to find out why they do that.

Now that fall is on the way, with winter close behind, I hope to be seeing other types of birds that migrate from the north to the south to make their temporary home here for the winter.
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

18-Sep-2014 15:14:01

Tsun-Chan

Tsun-Chan

Posts: 3,682 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Catweazle said :
I'm not sure about elsewhere in the UK, but in the bit I come from to call someone a "dude" is not a casual greeting, it's actually a mild insult.

Where do you come from lol?

I'm in East Britain (yeah gl stalking me ok) and dude would be a perfectly reasonable greeting, although I prefer man or mate.

18-Sep-2014 20:05:19

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Jane Eyre said :

And if people don't know he was a Cwar pro back in the day. A very competent scorer.

He even rescued me once when I was stuck in the corner by AFKers while I was attempting to burn the cades they were wasting. And on my old account in a game when us on Sara were getting trounced I began spam *GSing him so he couldn't score and he never even flamed me. :P

Such a hero!

I always felt flattered when I was singled out, there were some people who would chase me from one end of the map to the other if they saw me run past towards their base. Then wait for me to come out with the flag so they could freeze me.

Not to mention I always considered myself to be better than all the other regular players so didn't need to flame them, my actions spoke for themselves as far as I was concerned. I did learn from a runescape legend who everybody will have heard of though.

I also had no problems with trying against the stack unlike a lot of people who would just admit defeat, the occasions where you eventually scored were the best. Many times the other team would just camp defense and not score despite there being nobody defending on my team. then when it would get to 1-0 and people on my team would be like oh we could win and start defending lol.

If you played a lot in w24 I probably do remember you.

18-Sep-2014 20:28:11 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2014 23:23:14 by Wilf

Tsun-Chan

Tsun-Chan

Wilf said :
Jane Eyre said :

I always felt flattered when I was singled out, there were some people who would chase me from one end of the map to the other if they saw me run past towards their base. Then wait for me to come out with the flag so they could freeze me.

Not to mention I always considered myself to be better than all the other regular players so didn't need to flame them, my actions spoke for themselves as far as I was concerned. I did learn from a runescape legend who everybody will have heard of though.

You know you're #1 if people **** themselves and prepare as soon as they see you.

18-Sep-2014 20:38:02

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Windsofnight said :
'Good stuff! Hope the photo was reasonable'.

---

Yes, the photos turned out rather nicely. Some of them I had to enlarge & edit the exposure, highlights & such in order to bring out more detail but all in all they make a nice addition to my collection.

I wondered why the Bluejays were heading north so I looked up information on Bluejays. As it turns out, Bluejays are a strange lot in that they migrate north some years & migrate south other years. Science is still trying to find out why they do that.

Now that fall is on the way, with winter close behind, I hope to be seeing other types of birds that migrate from the north to the south to make their temporary home here for the winter.

I'd guess something to do with food availability. When there is a poor crop the amount of migrants we get here goes up a lot, which can be nice. In 2012 there was loads of Waxwings here they were pretty much everywhere.

18-Sep-2014 20:40:16

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Tsun-Chan said :
Wilf said :
Jane Eyre said :

You know you're #1 if people **** themselves and prepare as soon as they see you.

That's what I told myself :D . Most of the castle wars players who were in cw clan looked down on theme world, but it was harder to score due to the numbers being well against you as defending was the easier option. You had to be very quick and use any opportunity you could.

18-Sep-2014 20:47:27

Tsun-Chan

Tsun-Chan

Wilf said :
Tsun-Chan said :
Wilf said :
Jane Eyre said :

That's what I told myself :D . Most of the castle wars players who were in cw clan looked down on theme world, but it was harder to score due to the numbers being well against you as defending was the easier option. You had to be very quick and use any opportunity you could.

CW Clan? When was this?

FCs and CCs ruined it imo. Same with Soul Wars. I used to crash Soul Wars all the time lol.

18-Sep-2014 21:01:20

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

First cw clans started not long after the put it in the game. The first were mostly people who played on a certain world playing another. When I started homeworlds were still active and mine was kept going for a bit by me and a few others. When I first became a member and played cw there was a clan who used that world called castle wars legends.

All of them closed when eoc was introduced because it wasn't balanced enough, the defenders wouldn't stand a chance due to the inability to freeze regularly via ice spells plus freedom/anticipate.

I was in one for a short while in 08 but the overall attitude of the community was horrible so didn't bother applying for another.

They kept out of the the themed world as clans and only played each other and members set up smaller games most of the time 1v1 2v2 5v5 10v10 15v15 rather than play with the noobs in theme worlds.

I'd say I was as good as the majority if not better, to me scoring against a few pros with a couple of pros helping was easier than scoring against 20+ maxed combat players and a few players who could defend ( I died many many times after moving a few squares lol)

18-Sep-2014 21:27:16 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2014 23:26:15 by Wilf

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top