Forums

RuneScape Music

Quick find code: 181-182-424-62359171

Love Whiskey

Love Whiskey

Posts: 126 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi!
I really hope you get to read this, Mod Bond and the Audio team as a whole...
Recently I updated my playlist for the first time in around two years, and I have to say as I scrolled through my unlocked tracks, I was pleasantly surprised! I don't usually listen to the RuneScape music, as I was disinterested by the generally older, more polyphonic-esque sounds. Though they had a certain charm, I much preferred my staple classic rock 'n' roll.
I was however, hugely impressed recently by the newer tracks you good folk have churned out, such as the Taverly and Burthorpe themes (All of them!) and particularly tracks that bear reference names, such as Black Zabath, Pinball Wizard and Bittersweet Bunny to name but a few. Those little quips amuse me each and every time I hear them, and I just wanted to thank you guys for your hard work on going that extra yard. For me, you've opened a new, relaxing soundtrack to enjoy once again.
Keep up the fantastic work! :D

21-Sep-2012 21:30:52

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Sep-2012 09:59:55

Mod Lord

Mod Lord

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey Lego Miester,
Thanks for the comments. Yes we've certainly written a lot of new music, glad you're enjoying it.
Have you checked out our Soundcloud account RunescapeSoundtrack?
I uploaded a medley but I will put a few of the other tracks from the latest quests on there as well. Any requests?
~~Mod Lord~~

28-Sep-2012 12:41:20

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good Lord (ha, pun...sort of, assuming Mod Lord reads this).
As you guys may already know, given the amount of posts I have related to the music, I've been a long-time fan. But the Al Kharid music is just...just...beyond my expectations.
First off, holy crap, I don't know who made "Dune" but this may be among the finest pieces of music I've heard from any game (and may have taken the throne for my favorite RS track). I honestly cannot say anything else on the songs, as they've really shown that the talent of the audio team is absolutely top-notch. I would individually mention each song, but there's not enough time in the world to have me blabber on about it anymore. :P
Simply know these songs have done wonders for the atmosphere of the quests and have truly made a remarkable listening experience. As of late, you guys are really setting the standard for in-game audio that I never thought would be possible for the game. Kudos and respect to all of you, on so many levels.
Now I even-more-than eagerly await the GWD tracks that are due out. I know you guys mentioned working more on the Al Kharid audio back when the subject of the GWD tracks came up a few weeks ago. Whenever they come, I'm sure I'll have more awe-inspired comments.
" All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty
: Your Favourite Bald Guy

28-Sep-2012 21:16:59 - Last edited on 28-Sep-2012 21:18:09 by Aterivus

Justfor99

Justfor99

Posts: 737 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Along the release of the new f2p quest, Stolen Hearts, new songs were introduced, such as "Draynor Market", which sounds awesome. I like its soft, yet partially dramatic, sound. It's a magical feeling to enter the Draynor Market, with this song playing. Great job!

30-Sep-2012 09:41:00

Quick find code: 181-182-424-62359171 Back to Top