Forums

Recent Massive Duping Thread is locked

Quick find code: 17-18-467-66166083

Destruction

Destruction

Posts: 63,021 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was "secretly" thinking about it a week ago but didn't really thought it's possible.
They invested the excessive money made through duping into rares, part of it of course. From what I can see, Yellow, Purple, Santa and spirit shards got duped the most with gold.
What a shame if they all don't get banned but they were doing it for days and days, nobody cared.
The action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired.

16-Jun-2020 05:05:36

Long Story

Long Story

Posts: 284 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just watched it and wow. I remember seeing all the worlds go offline but didn't think anything of it.

Now it makes me think the absolutely insane amounts of GP made during that glitch is whats driving up the price of all rares.

16-Jun-2020 05:08:40

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Statement from Sea King:

From what I can tell based on the video, lots of GP/shards were duped (probably on the order of a few trillion). It makes sense then to store that wealth in something liquid like Red Santa Hat, which you can cash out with relative ease compared to other rares.

Now the video also showed footage of rares being duped, but it's not clear where this footage came from. But if rares were primarily duped instead of GP/shards, then rares would not have risen but instead be crashing hard.

Since the goal of the dupers is to RWT, it made more sense to dupe GP/shards at the time as GP/shards required no additional trading before it can be converted into real world currency. Storing some of that wealth into rares that can be bought and sold easily came logically second after they duped so much. IN OTHER WORDS, WHY DUPE HARD-TO-SELL ITEMS WHEN THE GOAL IS TO RWT? ANYONE WHO TRIES TO DUPE CRACKERS WON'T BE ABLE TO SELL 5 CRACKERS BEFORE THE MARKET FOR CRACKERS TANKS. FOR THE DUPER, THE BEST ITEMS TO STORE WEALTH OR TO DUPE WERE ITEMS THAT HAVE HIGH NATURAL DEMAND AND CAN BE TRADED WITHOUT DRAWING TOO MUCH ATTENTION (E.G. GE-TRADED ITEMS).

Jagex needs to fix this. Trying to sweep this under the rug and hope no one notices a 900m to 1700m+ rise on Red Santa Hat, the most common discontinued item in Runescape, is just folly.

Based on the fact that bond prices, which is a measure of the exchange rate of GP to US Dollars, have not inflated, this indicates that most of this duped GP has not disseminated into the rest of the economy yet.

Unlike most bugs, where the impact is hard to tell, a lot of time has already passed so we already see the effects. If this was mostly dupe on rares, then those rares would have been crashing instead of rising over the past 3 weeks.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

16-Jun-2020 05:11:26 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2020 05:47:03 by Sea King

0 07
Jun Member 2023

0 07

Posts: 1,816 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dupers had 1000s of billions of GP to store and one of the easiest ways to store it is in lower rares. Probably poured a lot into lowers

If Jagex was able to and actually did trace every duped GP and item and banned/destroyed them all then money would be taken out of the market and lowers would dip back down. But...
A business man doing business

16-Jun-2020 05:17:57 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2020 05:19:45 by 0 07

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Is it a rares dupe or gp dupe? 3 weeks of rising rares answers that question.

So who wants to trade in their phats for even worth less gp?
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

16-Jun-2020 05:48:26 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2020 05:50:47 by Sea King

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

CONCLUSION
: So what happened to the duped gold? Well, every noob with RSH basically got a free billion gp STIMULUS CHECK. This inflation is permanent, so good luck to you if you think it's smart to sell your items for gp, which is becoming worth less by the minute.

16-Jun-2020 05:55:05 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2020 06:13:04 by Sea King

RichKngMidas

RichKngMidas

Posts: 175 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sea King said :
CONCLUSION
: So what happened to the duped gold? Well, every noob with RSH basically got a free billion gp STIMULUS CHECK.

Both shards and items were duped, by the sounds of it. To the tune of trillions of gp.

By the sounds of it mostly yellow phats and santa hats were dupped, in terms of items, if anyone is interested.

This explains why everything has doubled in price in a few weeks. It wasn't the"legendary plays" by a mercher group like one guy said, but a hacker group. Lol.

Apparently they made about $350,000 USD.

RIP RS economy. Lol

The best part is that this was identified as early as May 30th, and RS hid it from the community.
I'm known as Rich King Midas, and when you look at me, you'll see a king who knows a thing about his treasury. I never cared for women. I've never cared for wine. But when I count a large amount of money - ha ha - it's divine!

16-Jun-2020 06:15:27 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2020 06:16:06 by RichKngMidas

Quick find code: 17-18-467-66166083 Back to Top