Forums

Will RS ever be Scaled Up?

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295

Big Boss 1

Big Boss 1

Posts: 181 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, since RuneLabs are coming I think it's time we step up our call to get the world re-vamped.

I think generally everyone wants the map of Gielinor pretty much the same only bigger- more spread out just so everything isn't so cluttered. I'm stating that now since I think when I read the thread previously there were a few other ideas about what should happen floating about - we need a bit of clarity so we are of one mind.

First things first, we need a 'scaled up map' to get our idea across on how big we want Gielinor to be. There will be a technical limitation on how big the world map can be, I don't know what that is but for all I know we could already be at it.

Without knowing what the limitation is it's impossible to plan anything for our new world map. Since our goal here should be to give the Jmods as much help as we can to ensure this actually happens.
There is no point in a few of us spending our time drawing all these maps and concept art pieces only to be told that it really isn't possible.

So I implore all of you who have any contact with Jmods on any platform to find out what the 'world space' size limit actually is. I would be hopeful that the switch to HTML5 might have increased it (but I'm no coder so I don't know much about that aspect).

If it is the case that we are already at that limit.. we should probably devote ourselves to planning a new continent.

~ Big Boss.

19-Oct-2014 01:19:55

AstralLight

AstralLight

Posts: 589 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i agree,if runescape is to be our greatest adventure.....theres gotta be more room in it......as it is,ittakes less then an hour to run from port phamatys to priffidinas......

i dont think anyone here is saying RS should be scaled up to the size of something like WOW,where you spend hours pointlessly walking......but it does need an atleast x2 scale up......maybe even as much as x3-***

** could open so so many possabilities for the game........and no,a bit more walking wont make the game more boring. grindy skills do.
also,the lodestone system will fit in so much better and would be such a great thing with a larger world....

19-Oct-2014 23:29:18

Drake
Jun Member 2007

Drake

Posts: 1,417 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Matthe said :
Scaling up the world, as various people have described and suggested in this thread would be a huge project - not only would it require a complete redrawing and designing of the whole world but it would have enormous knock on effects to the balance and economics of the world. As such it is highly unlikely to be something we would work on in the foreseeable future*

Do it anyway, priority #1
Overloaded XP

22-Oct-2014 04:16:29 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2014 04:16:45 by Drake

Illuneve
Oct Member 2023

Illuneve

Posts: 504 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Drake said :
Mod Matthe said :
Scaling up the world, as various people have described and suggested in this thread would be a huge project - not only would it require a complete redrawing and designing of the whole world but it would have enormous knock on effects to the balance and economics of the world. As such it is highly unlikely to be something we would work on in the foreseeable future*

Do it anyway, priority #1

As A person with a questcape, who normaly can't wait for new quests:
I gladly give up 1 year of content (any game updates, asside from ninja fixes) for this piece of content, when i enter html5 i feel like i'm in a snow globe version of the world, i shoudn't be able to see the other side of a ocean, yet i do
I made you look HAHA Maxed 10/22/2015 - MQC 1/24/2016- Comped 6/12/2016 - Trimming Soon-ish (tm)

26-Oct-2014 00:04:41 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2014 00:04:57 by Illuneve

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295 Back to Top