Forums

GE Tax

Quick find code: 16-17-501-66268636

Signal Seven
Jan Member 2021

Signal Seven

Posts: 117 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is a mistake to have the tax only affect trades on the GE. All this will accomplish will be people will move all large ticket items off the GE and render the GE useless for expensive items. I would also suggest that the tariff should be shared by the buyer and the seller. If a 2 percent tariff is the target have the seller pay 1 percent and the buyer pay 1 percent.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: 01/04/2023

A developer blog was posted that is relevant to the discussions in this thread.

I am apparently not smart enough to link it, but its on front page,
Rawr!

09-Dec-2022 22:09:50 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2023 22:56:09 by Signal Seven

customgrw420
Aug Member 2021

customgrw420

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think this update sounds like horeseshit honestly. Tax on ge sounds ridiculous either way, but especially if it's all on one side. I just bought a ring of death recently and feel kinda screwed if they don't rework this. I've never done the top tier bossing in the game and have paid death fees extremely rarely. This punishes players that don't go do high enrage or crazy bosses. I really hope they reconsider this and come up with a different plan.

09-Dec-2022 23:06:30

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
customgrw420 said :
They wouldn't need to rebalance the economy if they didn't inflate the economy by billions via treasure hunter and buying bonds aka legalized real-world trading.

I agree completely. On top of which, this change is mainly to make pvmers happy. So those of us who make our gp by skilling are going to be hit with a tax while pvmers will have fewer losses compared with their gains.

When I first played this game many years ago, there was a balance in the game, pvmers made their money but would buy items from skillers. Nowadays, skilling items are dropped by the monsters so there's no real need to buy on the GE. And this change is going to be yet another thing that only benefits pvmers - I think Jagex have lost their way and they don't realise it.

10-Dec-2022 00:13:26

customgrw420
Aug Member 2021

customgrw420

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Killashandra said :
customgrw420 said :
They wouldn't need to rebalance the economy if they didn't inflate the economy by billions via treasure hunter and buying bonds aka legalized real-world trading.

I agree completely. On top of which, this change is mainly to make pvmers happy. So those of us who make our gp by skilling are going to be hit with a tax while pvmers will have fewer losses compared with their gains.

When I first played this game many years ago, there was a balance in the game, pvmers made their money but would buy items from skillers. Nowadays, skilling items are dropped by the monsters so there's no real need to buy on the GE. And this change is going to be yet another thing that only benefits pvmers - I think Jagex have lost their way and they don't realise it.

Yeah the problem is they only care about what's profitable. This won't stabilize prices at all and bonds are still gonna grow absurdly expensive such that more people buy bonds or mem bc they can't make it back fast enough. Sure, high-end pvmers take it in stride, but yeah it's stomp on the neck for skillers/skiller alts. Absolutely hilarious that I failed to even mention FSW, one of the biggest cash grabs and inflationary events I've seen.

10-Dec-2022 00:24:36

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RS3 has been in deflation steadily for years. They don't really need GE Tax.

Usually I don't like paying taxes. However, when they are also reducing Death Tax, it balances out the GE Tax. Besides, if I really don't want to pay tax, I can still trade manually outside GE. So overall the GE Tax is still a plus.

As for who should pay the tax, of course following the real world economical model, sellers pay the SALE tax.

10-Dec-2022 01:19:00

Miles Prower
Nov Member 2006

Miles Prower

Posts: 9,764 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hate the tariff for various reasons, but the idea of it being implemented to make up for decreasing the risk of PvM is ludicrous. 2M "punishment" (for the few who carry that much gear) for death really throws the risk vs. reward concept out the window. Even 10M was too little in my book. Low on bank space? Click here .

10-Dec-2022 16:33:13

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Signal Seven said :
It is a mistake to have the tax only affect trades on the GE. All this will accomplish will be people will move all large ticket items off the GE and render the GE useless for expensive items. I would also suggest that the tariff should be shared by the buyer and the seller. If a 2 percent tariff is the target have the seller pay 1 percent and the buyer pay 1 percent.

What do you guys think?

Agreed. Makes sense and would help with over max cash items.

10-Dec-2022 19:41:09

Quick find code: 16-17-501-66268636 Back to Top