Forums

GE Tax

Quick find code: 16-17-501-66268636

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even Average Joes can make 5 mil gp/hr. The others may make 20 mil gp/hr pvming. Just do the math and you can easily tell how much time they waste per hour trying to sell their loot manually.

They have a table showing their possible changes like:

- Nerf item to coin conversion
- Nerf alchemy machines
- New content
- General stores contents

It is just above the GE tax estimate table. I don't know how you can miss it.

05-Jan-2023 02:18:51

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Even Average Joes can make 5 mil gp/hr. The others may make 20 mil gp/hr pvming. Just do the math and you can easily tell how much time they waste per hour trying to sell their loot manually.

- Nerf alchemy machines
- New content

Because they were just showing possible ideas and none of them worked out? Again just because they show it does not mean they will use it ever.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

05-Jan-2023 02:51:44 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2023 03:06:03 by Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :

- Nerf alchemy machines
- New content

Because they were just showing possible ideas and none of them worked out? Again just because they show it does not mean they will use it ever.

Of course they are going with the best solution - the 2% GE Tax. This is going to work fine and of course they aren't going to use the other possible changes. I am showing you what they showed us just because you asked what other plans they have.

05-Jan-2023 03:38:53

NASDAQ 100
Sep Member 2022

NASDAQ 100

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Taxes are an incentive to do or not do something.

Implementing a tax on trades will naturally incentivize players to trade less, which in turn places a drag on the game's economy and fosters a less efficient marketplace.

Reducing the cost burden associated with death costs encourages players to be more comfortable with frequent deaths. (Occasional free death periods or a tokenized approach could better address this).

Paying less upon death at the expense of an efficient marketplace is an unfortunate tradeoff to impose. There are more economically literate ways to achieve the aims outlined for this project.

05-Jan-2023 14:21:01

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

NASDAQ 100 said :

Implementing a tax on trades will naturally incentivize players to trade less, which in turn places a drag on the game's economy and fosters a less efficient marketplace.

GE trade alone incentivize players to trade less. However, reducing death cost encourages players to pvm and get their hands on new sources of trade goods, hence incentivize them to trade more with pvm drop.

05-Jan-2023 17:04:28

Mellothello
Jan Member 2007

Mellothello

Posts: 535 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert notes that reduced death costs may incentivize more players to do pvm. I agree.

Tho I am not a fan of the ge tax overall, if I were just starting to play this game and knew I would lose 2% of every ge sale, I would just accept it as the way the game works. If I think of it as a fee for the ease of reaching multiple players across multiple worlds with my goods, it's not a bad deal. Certainly easier than standing in w2 yelling at the crowd.

And ofc I would raise my asking prices by 2% to cover the cost :) , and sell truly hi-value items thru forums.

05-Jan-2023 19:10:06

Pulseironic
Mar Member 2020

Pulseironic

Posts: 361 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NASDAQ 100 said :
Taxes are an incentive to do or not do something.

Reducing the cost burden associated with death costs encourages players to be more comfortable with frequent deaths. (Occasional free death periods or a tokenized approach could better address this).

Paying less upon death at the expense of an efficient marketplace is an unfortunate tradeoff to impose. There are more economically literate ways to achieve the aims outlined for this project.
have a question for you, were you around BEFORE the GE existed? do you know the maps we made to know where to go to buy/sell certain things? ya i wasnt happy how little i could get for my bowstrings when the GE came out, but boy was i MUCH happier i didnt have to spend half my time online trying to find a spot open to yell into chat and pray someone saw my message over the horde of others. only the hard core sellers will switch, the rest will meh and keep going as usual.

05-Jan-2023 20:43:29

Architect15
Jun Member 2023

Architect15

Posts: 88 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Imagine that, they are screwing us over all again. Paying an auction house fee on wow is one of the most painful things to do on world of warcraft, and now runescape want's to implement it as well.

I've received ENOUGH PAIN from having to pay in for taxes as a blue collar worker in the US, something MOST PEOPLE go their whole lives without ever experiencing. SCREW YOU RUNESCAPE!!!!! You know how vile and wicked of a choice this is. This is supposed to be a GAME!!! someplace fun to go and spend time. Not suffer the way you do in the real world. SHAME ON YOU JAGEX SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

06-Jan-2023 02:24:01

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Architect15 said :
Imagine that, they are screwing us over all again. Paying an auction house fee on wow is one of the most painful things to do on world of warcraft, and now runescape want's to implement it as well.

I've received ENOUGH PAIN from having to pay in for taxes as a blue collar worker in the US, something MOST PEOPLE go their whole lives without ever experiencing. SCREW YOU RUNESCAPE!!!!! You know how vile and wicked of a choice this is. This is supposed to be a GAME!!! someplace fun to go and spend time. Not suffer the way you do in the real world. SHAME ON YOU JAGEX SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

Imagine that, a WoW player tries RS3 now, dies and need to spend 1 mil gp to claim their items back. they are going to quit and return to WoW because they will only need to make a corpse run to get their stuff back there for free.

After the Death Cost/GE Tax update, the same player may come to RS3 and die and only need to pay 50k to get their stuff back, and so he proceed to the GE and find they only need to pay a 2% tax comparing to maybe 10% tax in their WoW AH.

This will make RS3 more competitive with WoW,

06-Jan-2023 03:16:58

Pulseironic
Mar Member 2020

Pulseironic

Posts: 361 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Architect15 said :

Imagine that, a WoW player tries RS3 now, dies and need to spend 1 mil gp to claim their items back. they are going to quit and return to WoW because they will only need to make a corpse run to get their stuff back there for free.

After the Death Cost/GE Tax update, the same player may come to RS3 and die and only need to pay 50k to get their stuff back, and so he proceed to the GE and find they only need to pay a 2% tax comparing to maybe 10% tax in their WoW AH.

This will make RS3 more competitive with WoW,

unless theyve changed it since i last played the wow ah fee was the sell to vendor value of the item. so the 2% could be no where near or insanely higher by comparison.

either way, given the hellhole that is the wow economy after they added their version of the bond with NO money sinks beyond one time purchases....ya im actually much more satisfied with how RS3 has handled the idea of a way to buy gold. EVE and RS3 are the only games ive seen where they had a significant way to remove raw cash and items.

06-Jan-2023 03:24:14

Quick find code: 16-17-501-66268636 Back to Top