Forums

GE Tax

Quick find code: 16-17-501-66268636

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Under the pure assumption it actually damages skillers more than PvMers - can we abolish (or massively reduce) the concepts, which have hurt PvMers in favour of skillers - i.e. most stone spirits (so those which remain are automatically also more expensive to use = more profit for slayers and bossers, while reducing the profit for actually using them as a skiller) are replaced by adequately levelled ores and bars again, as well as salvage by fully processed items (purely out of spite), as well as seeds are replaced by herbs again and drop quantities of slayer herb drops are restored to their original values - skillers can keep all other reworks and content related benefits. Likewise they should abolish the no drop policy for new resources. Since - when they have to invest a lot, the loot also should be appealing all over the place - and seeds and stone spirits just are among the worst things there is, which were a replacement for fairly cool things.

Enough with sarcasm (and those changes also were fine with a couple of places, where they genuinely messed up) - but it's extremely hypocritical, that the stuff, which massively benefited skillers, while hurting any form of PvMer without any compensation whatsoever (i.e. actually actively cutting into their profits, while keeping their investment costs as is) are fine, whereas an update, which benefits PvMers (yeah the death costs are their benefit, but they will pay fees just as you - and even much more in absolute numbers) are not. As I said - everything aforementioned was fine, but when it comes to something actually helping PvMers, that should be fine to you guys as well.

And now we'll turn this up a notch - OS got that fee introduced as a compensation for taxed gambling - feels even better, right? And with their fee being capped at 5m per item it actually taxes PvMers in relation even less compared to skillers, since also there they'll never hold items worth 500m per unit.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

19-Dec-2022 10:05:39 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2022 10:15:07 by Rikornak

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I do agree, I'm wanting to see what happens next.

Keep in mind that the "increasing the cap on trade value" was pushed back.
So doing the GE tax now along with the Death Costs was something they needed to do sooner rather than later.

We'll need to see if implementing the tax on direct player to player trades does get instituted with the increase in the go trade cap.

Who knows ... even if it isn't planned now for a tax on player to player trades .... they could wait to see how the GE tax does ... THEN potentially add it on for player to player trades.

29-Dec-2022 02:53:54

Blaykee
Nov Member 2021

Blaykee

Posts: 1,029 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PVMing is the problem, PVMers can make billions in a single second where skillers can make 5m per hour, G.E tax is retarded. Can you not be more creative with your gold syncs.

Add something "Skill" based for money making skill methods which are actually rewarding.

Balance this PVM scape back out considering a lot of players are skillers on their mobiles according to data you (Jagex) have published.

You're just punishing the people who care about the game with these updates, wrong people in the hot seat!

30-Dec-2022 01:31:47

Third Form

Third Form

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think skilling should make as much money as high level raid/bosses. I also, however don't think skilling should be making crap gp/hr either.

Jagex, re-work your drop tables and stop adding random drops to bosses that kill off folks who skill for money. Stop forcing players to PVM. Why does a giant spider in the wilderness drop 300 gold noted ores? 250 cannonballs? 100 unicorn horns? That's just one boss. So many others drop a huge amount of noted goods that literally just makes that item's worth go down the pipe.

If it's always going to be PVM>SKILLING for Jagex, at least be upfront and let the players know you don't care about skillers lol. I'd rather get punched in the face with the truth then getting dodged by what I know IS THE TRUTH. I feel like Jagex will again kill off old school once again, first starting off with the economy.

I will sell everything, come back in a year and buy a osmumtens fang for 9m and full ancestral for 10m since there will be new best in slot items that can hit 99hp and u can only get it from killing a newly released boss that spawns 1 time a day per world in level 9000 wildy multi.

31-Dec-2022 13:10:18

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Third Form said :

I mean I can't exactly talk about OS's economy via skilling vs. PvMing in detail, but I know in that game, skilling margins usually are extremely narrow, with the more profitable activties sucking in one way or another - but since the GE tax (even one that actually prefers PvMers over skillers in contrary to the RS3 suggestion, which treats every one equally in relation) already exists there - not for it to blame, that was not different before that - not a single bit. And if somebody calling themselves a 'skiller' has the same issues in RS3 - they literally have no clue about what they're doing and talking about. And yeah... not that those would be exactly the best audience to provide valid feedback to be fair...

RS3 usually also puts unfeasible to obtain things into PvM rather than fixing the original sources. Just take a look at croesus (albeit skilling boss with zero requirements bar having membership) and the arch-glacor - for instance obtaining nests is a nightmare in RS3, let the glacor shit out a ton of them, that obviously devalued that one nest you gain from woodcutting every once in a while - but it just isn't like it was a feasible and/or profitable method before that - kingdom management probably suffered much more in that specific case. And the same thing for a lot of other things those two bosses specifically drop - they took a massive hit following their respective introduction - but genuinely I think the same thing would have happened if the skilling location was fixed - just for the reason they were unfeasible to obtain.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2

01-Jan-2023 07:21:09 - Last edited on 01-Jan-2023 08:38:27 by Rikornak

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

But on the other hand they get things out of PvM - ores and bars were replaced by stone spirits - making the former valuable and allowing skillers to purchase the latter for an extremely cheap price, in order to get even more output. Finished armour drops were replaced by salvage - doesn't change anything for PvMers, since alch junk was replaced by alch junk - but that actually causes smithed items to be worth more than something around alch value. Herbs by seeds, plus a ton of farming improvements, so the vast majority of herbs now is generated by farming (+a bit by slayer). And possibly they'll replace runes by those new anima stones used to create more runes... Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2

01-Jan-2023 07:21:39

Blake Owlkin
Apr Member 2013

Blake Owlkin

Posts: 79 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honestly, I think 2% is too low. It should be something like 10%, and certain very high value items should be tradable only through the ge i.e. anything currently costing max cash for a start.

Inflation in this game is way out of control, and we need a mandatory gold sink very badly

04-Jan-2023 06:18:35

Quick find code: 16-17-501-66268636 Back to Top