Forums

The First Necromancer Cometh

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
What's the problem with a "bug" or not? If you think it is a bug, please go file a bug report.

Bugs are not good for any game. Most people know that.

As for your advice to file a bug report, I refer you to page 1, post 10 of this thread:
Aslon Dak said :
I filed a bug report.

Reading comprehension is not where you shine.

If you can't be bothered to read other people's posts before you reply, what is the point of engaging you in conversation?
Original message details are unavailable.
All I can tell you constructively is, it doesn't affect anybody as the "bugged" item is not being used in the game now and there is nothing mentioned (1) this item is useful in FUTURE game update and (2) it can't be obtained THEN in the FUTURE.

The future is next week, at which point the residue will be a useful item. The pre-launch event is currently underway. Players affected by the bug will most likely not be able to claim an ectoplasmic residue before the pre-launch event ends. Is it a game-breaking bug? Will it ruin Necromancy for those affected? No to both. Still, it is disappointing, and it needlessly penalizes players who have done nothing wrong.

As I have said, this bug has happened before. Right now, it is preventing some players from claiming a benefit from the Necromancy pre-launch. If left unfixed, this bug will surely cause trouble during future events.
Original message details are unavailable.
Please be advised I made this thread to discuss the First Necromancer and the dialogues.

Since you were the one who brought up Diango, and how bugs are not a problem, you might want to advise yourself. I mentioned the bug as a result of interacting with TFN, specifically in regards to triggering his dialogues.

Thread derailment...that is where you shine. :P
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

01-Aug-2023 22:24:06

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Red Talia said :
I reached Smithing level 95 this afternoon through my daily challenges. Upon gaining the level, a message from The First Necromancer appeared in my chat box. He wondered why I would work so hard for such fleeting results. Then I was informed he placed ectoplasmic residue in my bank. O_o

Ok, well thank you, I guess.

The First Necromancer: Your capacity to learn exceeds most mortals. If you could put it to better use you could be a valuable asset.

The First Necromancer: Why do you strive so hard for such fragile, fleeting results?

He is telling us we can learn to exceeds most mortals. If we know and learn more, we will have far better rewards. He is probably hinting on future 1st Age knowledge may lead us to much better results.

He might have elaborated on this actually on the new trailer. The First Necromancer is asking us to be his apprentice. Literally he is telling us we can learn from him and be more valuable than most mortals.

01-Aug-2023 23:47:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Rasial's claim that Guthix is a god of lies may actually hold some truth, given we already knew Guthix lied to Juna. Guthix got his powers from Jas, and we knew it turned out Jas was an archvillain of Gielinor. Similarly, Guthix could actually be an archvillain to the home planet of Juna and perhaps many others, just that the stories have been hinted... but not actually told yet.

There are also signs of untold stories on Naragi. The Temple Ruins near Guthix's home told us there were gods invading Naragi, not just the one Guthix killed. We have a lot yet to learn from the Naragi gods and the untold past of Guthix.

02-Aug-2023 17:56:35 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2023 18:23:49 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"To get started, check your Quests List for ‘Necromancy!’. Then head over to Draynor Manor to start investigating a mysterious occurrence."

So Necromancy starts with a mysterious occurrence in Draynor Manor. That's probably where the First Necromancer pops his skull head on 2023 Gielinor.

04-Aug-2023 16:58:00

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Roddy Piper said :
IMO they should give us an option to keep this after the update if we want. This dude makes me laugh and scares me at times, which is even funnier.

We are going to see a lot of the First Necromancer throughout the Necromancy Season, which lasts until the end of this year. He wants us to be his apprentice too, so he will pop up often, perhaps like Light and Shadow when we had the World Guardian powers.

05-Aug-2023 17:45:37

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It will be interesting to see how Necromancy plays into this year's Halloween event.

Will there just be an additional miniquest, or will there be an entirely different event tied to Necromancy? Maybe some new cosmetics as well, I hope.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

05-Aug-2023 19:21:48

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066 Back to Top