Forums

The First Necromancer Cometh

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Correct. When this bug appeared in the game previously, it had nothing to do with Necromancy or TFN."

OK, then it is the usual "issue" but as we have seen from previous events, it means zip as all the overflow items like the Tainted Shard (if they are useful) go into Diango and we can retrieve them easily.

26-Jul-2023 16:00:39

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can we talk about the possibility that the ectoplasm is going to be a routine necromantic resource once the skill drops?

When trying to interact with the object, the player gets the message “You must have level 20 Necromancy to use this.”

It could be the kind of item that becomes more widely available after we have access to rituals or something - and a regular in-game item as opposed to a Diango holiday item. That may be why Diango isn’t supplying it after your first encounter with him.
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

26-Jul-2023 21:05:00

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Of course everything is possible, but "widely available" items don't usually have an "interact option". I don't remember any at this moment anyway.

It is probably something like an Infernal Puzzle Box or some device with multiple activation options like a Comm Orb.

26-Jul-2023 21:45:10 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2023 21:47:53 by Dilbert2001

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
"Correct. When this bug appeared in the game previously, it had nothing to do with Necromancy or TFN."

OK, then it is the usual "issue" but as we have seen from previous events, it means zip as all the overflow items like the Tainted Shard (if they are useful) go into Diango and we can retrieve them easily.

So your theory is that because the ectoplasmic residue is currently useless because Necromancy has not been released yet, this is why Diango doesn't hold the residue for you if your bank is "too full" when it really isn't?

Possibly. However, this ignores the fact this item will soon be useful, once Necromancy launches. It also doesn't change the fact that this bug has returned, and it is preventing some players from participating fully in the Necromancy pre-launch event.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

28-Jul-2023 06:24:19

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Aslon Dak said :
Dilbert2001 said :

So your theory is that because the ectoplasmic residue is currently useless because Necromancy has not been released yet, this is why Diango doesn't hold the residue for you if your bank is "too full" when it really isn't?

Possibly. However, this ignores the fact this item will soon be useful, once Necromancy launches. It also doesn't change the fact that this bug has returned, and it is preventing some players from participating fully in the Necromancy pre-launch event.

Bugs or no bugs it won't matter because we can always obtain items like Tainted Shard from Diango, who holds over flow items for us historically, bugs or no bugs.

28-Jul-2023 16:22:49

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Dilbert2001 said :

You're still not understanding.

Yes, this bug has appeared before. This time, it is preventing some players from receiving an ectoplasmic residue when interacting with TFN. We see the dialogue everyone sees whenever his chathead appears, then a game message tells us our bank is "too full" to receive a residue from TFN. The residue is not deposited in our bank, even though we have plenty of room. It does not go to Diango, or anywhere else. It is not given at all.

The problem is this bug takes the entirety of our bank and compares it to just the F2P portion, rather than the capacity of the whole bank. Therefore, if you have more items (F2P and P2P) in your bank than would fit in just the F2P portion of your bank, your bank is incorrectly flagged as being too full to hold one additional new F2P item. It is as though every member item is being tagged as an F2P item.

To use my own bank as an example, I currently have 32 unused F2P slots and 316 unused P2P slots in my bank. Out of 1170 total bank slots, I have 348 I am currently not using. How on Gielinor is my bank "too full" to receive one new item?

The answer is it's a bug.

A couple of my friends helped me test this out, and it is confirmed. In order to receive an ectoplasmic residue, a player can only have at most X-1 items in the bank (F2P + P2P) where X = the F2P capacity of your bank.

The only thing I am not 100% certain of is this bug MIGHT only affect free players. That would make sense, and none of my member friends have mentioned to me they are experiencing this issue, but I don't know it to be a fact. I suspect it is the case, though.

01-Aug-2023 07:21:58

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Adriana Cali said :
This annoying bug still isn't fixed.

My bank has plenty of space for ONE new item. :@

I sent a bug report, not that anything will be done in time.

Thanks AC. :)

Yeah, if what I suspect is true, that this bug is only affecting free players, the chance of a fix is probably somewhere between slim and none.

01-Aug-2023 07:31:18

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
What's the problem with a "bug" or not? If you think it is a bug, please go file a bug report. All I can tell you constructively is, it doesn't affect anybody as the "bugged" item is not being used in the game now and there is nothing mentioned (1) this item is useful in FUTURE game update and (2) it can't be obtained THEN in the FUTURE.

Please be advised I made this thread to discuss the First Necromancer and the dialogues.

01-Aug-2023 18:01:38

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066 Back to Top