Forums

The First Necromancer Cometh

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
After I leveled to level 92, Rascial said I am too late. What does he mean?

You will finally have to fight him in the Alpha and Omega quest. He will then tell you:

"Rasial, the First Necromancer:
You fool! I was trying to clean up your mess. I may not be able to return in time to stop the shadows; you've set me back too long."

The shadows are coming. Rasial thinks the only way to stop them is bring the undead to the Overworld.

"Death:
One world-ending threat at a time, Player. I do not feel that threat is imminent. We have plenty of time to prepare. Indeed, it may never come to pass.
Death:
I think, possibly, that is all Rasial was truly hoping to achieve...and it seems as if he has succeeded, by preparing you. Perhaps there remains hope for him yet."

As Rasial mentioned, the World Guardian is a responsibility, regardless of what powers. It seems like Guthix and Rasial knew Gielinor is destined to be involved in some form of world ending threats and the World Guardian is the only one destined to stop it. The shadows and Xau-Tak knew it too. That's why Xau-Tak knew the World Guardian by our name before we even became the World Guardian.

"Rasial, the First Necromancer:
Good luck, you will need them in the wars to come. Perhaps we shall meet again in a future age, should you not fail to preserve this universe. "

Another form of Grand Revision is on the horizon, perhaps not by the Elder Gods but Xau-Tak and the shadows.

29-Aug-2023 01:31:08 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2023 01:42:30 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066 Back to Top