Forums

The First Necromancer Cometh

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For those who have been playing RS3 since today's weekly update, we should be seeing a lot of Rasial everywhere in Gielinor.

It shouldn't be surprising we will begin to know more about Necromancy from the story side, similar to the Zaros and Professor Tony events in pre-release Archaeology.

A couple of his dialogues are very interesting already:

Entering Freneskae through the World Gate:
The First Necromancer: It would appear Gielinor is not the only world impacted by the
shadow

Entering the Empty Throne Room
The First Necromancer: The power of the
shadow
has always been the greatest threat to this world.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Necromancy/Pre-release

That's right, even in the First Age, Raisal knew of
"the shadow"
and it has been the greatest threat to Gielinor.
"The shadow"
also impacted other worlds, at least Freneskae, and Zaros.

Whoever existing in First Age and is the greatest threat to this world, and also impact other worlds, and gods like Zaros... Who else better fits this description other than The Black Hand? So Rasial might have told us Xau-Tak is
"The Shadow"

Now onto Guthix:

Approaching the Tree of Balance
The First Necromancer: A shrine to the
god of lies
. How quaint.
The First Necromancer: How many of his secrets have been withheld from you, I wonder?

WoW! If true, this is really something amazing! Guthix is the god of lies and we are going to know the First Age Truths soon perhaps?

So far, even the pre-release of Necromancy is living up to what I expect - Archaeology of the First Age with our Necromancer powers to commune with First Age undead instead of using our mattock to dig up 2nd and 3rd Age god wars dirts.

24-Jul-2023 21:28:15 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2023 21:46:35 by Dilbert2001

Red Talia

Red Talia

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I reached Smithing level 95 this afternoon through my daily challenges. Upon gaining the level, a message from The First Necromancer appeared in my chat box. He wondered why I would work so hard for such fleeting results. Then I was informed he placed ectoplasmic residue in my bank. O_o

Ok, well thank you, I guess.

24-Jul-2023 21:57:48

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Red Talia said :
I reached Smithing level 95 this afternoon through my daily challenges. Upon gaining the level, a message from The First Necromancer appeared in my chat box. He wondered why I would work so hard for such fleeting results. Then I was informed he placed ectoplasmic residue in my bank. O_o

Ok, well thank you, I guess.

The First Necromancer: Your capacity to learn exceeds most mortals. If you could put it to better use you could be a valuable asset.

The First Necromancer: Why do you strive so hard for such fragile, fleeting results?

He is telling us we can learn to exceeds most mortals. If we know and learn more, we will have far better rewards. He is probably hinting on future 1st Age knowledge may lead us to much better results.

24-Jul-2023 22:43:13

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The commentary when approaching areas associated with Zaros is interesting, and given Freneskae in particular is the site of one very dead Elder God at the expense of what we believe was Xau-Tak, Xau-Tak does remain a possibility as to what "the shadow" means.

I'll look at another interesting Rasial quote, this one gathered when approaching the mysterious monolith near the Archaeology Guild.

"The Codex. The knowledge it holds is great, but the danger is greater still."

As we know from the Battle of the Monolith, the Codex is sealing a rift that leads to Erebus, which otherwise would leak shadow anima were it not plugged. At it's base level, Rasial, who seemingly appreciates the power of shadow anima, seems to align with Xau-Tak as to how he feels about the Codex (Remember the werewolf, Lygrass, who claims Xau-Tak "carves his hate" upon the monolith.)

---

Rasial himself may not be as powerful as the younger gods were, as he seemingly ridicules all of them but is thankful they are out of the way due to the second Edicts having been laid down. (He will boast
"of his path to victory being clear"
in response to the player banishing Zamorak in his boss fight.)

He calls Guthix "the god of lies", but also seemingly knocks Zaros as being a mere cult leader when the player travels deeper into Kharid-et.

That's not to say he doesn't have a master, of course.
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

25-Jul-2023 02:26:50

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Obviously some body raised Raisal from death, regardless he calls them a master or not. Apparently, that person wasn't Guthix.

Rasial also clearly showed he knew we are above all mortals, regardless we are the World Guardian or not. We have the capacity to exceed all mortals, even without Guthix's World Guardian protection. That's a pretty big revelation that we can be another form of guardian above all mortals, perhaps the Underworld Guardian.

25-Jul-2023 03:05:04

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :

Now onto Guthix:

Approaching the Tree of Balance\t
The First Necromancer: A shrine to the
god of lies
. How quaint.
The First Necromancer: How many of his secrets have been withheld from you, I wonder?

WoW! If true, this is really something amazing! Guthix is the god of lies and we are going to know the First Age Truths soon perhaps?

Consider the source.

I would not advise putting much faith in anything The First Noobromancer has to say. He has already proven to me he is a liar. I was just in-game and went to the area near the Tree of Balance. The First Noobromancer appeared and spoke the words above, in an attempt to slander the good name of Guthix. Then he supposedly was going to give me spectral remains - but could not do so, because my bank was "too full". I currently have 16 free F2P slots plus 290 free P2P slots in my bank. Therefore, TFN is a liar.

When a proven liar calls Guthix a "god of lies", I am not inclined to believe it.

Seriously Jagex, I though you squashed this bug already. Now it is back.

"Oh dear! # of F2P slots used + # of P2P slots filled is more than the F2P capacity of your bank! It's too full!" :O

I have plenty of space in either side of my bank for ONE new item, Jagex. Can you please set aside your fuzzy math and finally fix this annoying bug for good?
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

25-Jul-2023 06:54:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
I don't fully trust The First Necromancer too. He could be the "shadow's" advocate in reality too. That's why I think we will have Meeting History again and find out whether Guthix or "the shadow" spoke the truths in the prehistoric First Age.

I don't see where The First Necromancer mentioned F2P and bank. I don't see it in the game, and I don't see it in the RS Wiki.

25-Jul-2023 16:57:49

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Dilbert2001 said :
^^
I don't fully trust The First Necromancer too. He could be the "shadow's" advocate in reality too. That's why I think we will have Meeting History again and find out whether Guthix or "the shadow" spoke the truths in the prehistoric First Age.

My gp is on Guthix. Someone like TFN, who would disturb the afterlives of innocent souls for personal gain, is not someone I would consider trustworthy.

You raise some interesting possibilities here, Dilbert. Of course, whenever shadows are involved, I think of Zaros. I am sure we have not heard the last of him.
Original message details are unavailable.
I don't see where The First Necromancer mentioned F2P and bank. I don't see it in the game, and I don't see it in the RS Wiki.

The bit about bank space was not a quote spoken by TFN. Rather, it was a game message I received in the chat box, informing me TFN tried to deposit the resource in my bank, but couldn't because my bank was "too full". It was then that I realized this bug was back. I was pretty sure Jagex had fixed this at one point. Now it is unfixed again.

If your entire bank (F2P items and P2P items) could fit within the F2P portion of your bank, this bug will not affect you, regardless of whether you are a free player or a member. Your bank may be large enough so you aren't affected. Therefore, you won't get this message.

Maybe it's because members tend to have more bank capacity in general, but the players affected by this bug seem to be primarily F2P. If it is indeed exclusively an F2P problem, that would also explain why you don't see it. That would also explain Jagex's apparent disinterest in finally fixing this bug for good. Maybe they don't even view this as a bug, but an "incentive" to buy membership.

Hopefully, that's not the case. If it is, that would be disappointing - to say the very least.

25-Jul-2023 21:17:45 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2023 03:36:36 by Aslon Dak

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
So you are talking about a game message regarding bank space, not specific to the First Necromancer event.

No problem though. Like all the other similar event items if they are meant to be useful, Diango will hold them for us when we don't have enough bank space.

25-Jul-2023 21:22:04 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2023 21:23:21 by Dilbert2001

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Dilbert2001 said :
^^
So you are talking about a game message regarding bank space, not specific to the First Necromancer event.

Correct. When this bug appeared in the game previously, it had nothing to do with Necromancy or TFN.

However, this time the same bug is directly linked to TFN, as the specific result is affected players are not given a resource by TFN, whether it was to be a reward for gaining a level, or for just triggering an appearance by TFN for entering a certain area.

I filed a bug report.
Original message details are unavailable.
No problem though. Like all the other similar event items if they are meant to be useful, Diango will hold them for us when we don't have enough bank space.

A good thought - but sadly it doesn't work in this case.

I conducted a thorough search of Diango's storage. Nothing was deposited there from TFN. It may be because the resource was not deposited directly to my bank due to this bug, not a full bank (since I had plenty of available space).

26-Jul-2023 04:01:05

Quick find code: 15-16-994-66284066 Back to Top