Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What speed? What rating?

Sure, you can buy really cheap ones... outdated ones... but if you plan on being able to properly record at 1080p or 4k, you'll need one with the proper rating... I know 4k requires a U3 rating... not sure about 1080p.

I paid like $30 for my 16GB card for my 4k camera.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Dec-2018 10:23:48

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to hear that Yusou Bhoroi, what a horrible experience. I am pleased no lasting injuring - it sounds like you are very lucky.

It reminded me of my late son when he was 11/12yrs old, he rode his bike to the swimming pool after school, I was working looking after a young girl with down syndrome. I believe it was on his way home (same road as the swimming pool) a lady driving forward out of her driveway knocked him off his bike and didn't even offer him a ride home or anything. He had trouble walking, and with his sore foot and bike he walked home which was up a steep hill; we lived in a different suburb from the swimming pool, about 40 odd minutes walk. Anyway the next day, my sister picked us up and took as to the hospital to get it x-rayed and he'd fractured a very small bone. I don't own a car, so after the hospital, I asked my sister if I could go shopping at the supermarket, she said yeah sure, when I came out she started abusing me for taking so long - I was at the hospital with you for several hours and bla, bla, bla, bla - I was shocked, I have this child who has been involved in an accident, fractured his foot, I don't own a car - he was off school for can't remember how long, I needed to shop for food, it was a new pay week, I can't expect my son to walk to the shops - he needed to rest his foot, plus it was illegal to leave him unattended at home.

Life can be hard at times without a car, having to rely on people at certain times.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

05-Dec-2018 18:48:39

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow Dong... that's horrible... I don't know what's worse, hitting a child with your car and driving off, or complaining about about a child with a broken foot...

I don't drive either, so I feel your pain. I've spent most of my life riding a bicycle to where I need to go (within reason, anything more than 5 or so miles and I'll hope for a ride), even during the winter.

Fortunately, I got myself an e-bike just a few months ago, so I can go a little farther without having to ask for a ride.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Dec-2018 19:16:31

The contents of this message have been hidden

05-Dec-2018 21:35:01

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :

Camera's are a must these days. Cheap really but well worth it.

Definitely, though this was about 10 Years ago, when there were still a few regulations that made it legally ambiguous, as to whether you were allowed to film without permission (those were cleared up in 2010), plus the tech wasn't as good/available, then, for a feasible price.

I would definitely recommend folks have a dashcam/mounted camera (but not in a spot that obstructs your view, either directly, or via reflection). If you have any interesting footage (or even banal stuff), I know several folks who are using traffic footage, in various fields, to do with road, and car safety, regulations, and autonomous vehicles - my Father has worked in such areas for quite a while, though is cutting back a lot, now (as he is 90, and a lot of his work has been EU-related, the last decade or so, since he stopped doing his previous work), so I have had folks pestering me for such stuff, in the past, and I'm sure they're still wishing for more.

Nexus Origin said :
Yusou Bhoroi said :
It was quite some time ago, and no permanent harm was done, so no worries : )
Your bike would probably disagree. How long did you have to apologize to her for?

Well, it certainly took some time to get repaired.. luckily I have a friend who builds, and repairs bikes, so I had access to the right equipment, and cheap parts.

06-Dec-2018 07:33:54 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2018 07:35:55 by Yusou Bhoroi

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top