Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've only ever had Rescue dogs (and cats, when I used to have cats). With the exception of one which I re-homed from a work colleague some years ago.

What sort of dimwit buys a Border Collie pup then leaves unattended it in the back garden all day, every day because they're out at work and don't want it chewing the house up? Derrrr. Fortunately, no one stole it and it didn't dig it's way out in the six months she had it.

Bippy turned out to be a very sweet girl (despite her always trying to 'herd up' any random children she came across) and we had her for many happy years.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Dec-2018 15:44:31

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My very first cat was a litter from a wildcat that was living at friends backyard. Anyway, I took her home, my late son who was 2yrs at the time named her Ruffie. Anyway, Christmas day came and my mum came to pick us up, kitten and all, litter box everything - she was not impressed :D
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

04-Dec-2018 20:51:20

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
First time is the worst time.

My 1st time was when waiting at traffic lights, when up in Nottingham. A car decided it was going to pull up to wait along side me, in the same lane (which is against traffic regulations), and the person in the passenger seat decided they were going to get out of the car (also against regulations), and didn't seem to register that I was there, despite looking right at me.

They forced the door out into me, knocking me over, and trapping me under my bike, which became wedged underneath their door. They then proceeded to get out, stepping onto my back wheel, and giving me looks as if they thought I was deliberately being awkward, and getting in their way/ The driver then flamed me for scratching the bottom of their door, and told the passenger to hurry up and close it - which they couldn't; so despite my protests, they started edging the car forward, which made matters worse, and dragged me along, which started tearing up my leg..

Not a great experience, and someone else turned up offering to use their jack to lift the car - the driver refused this, and carried on, at which point a couple of other blokes turned up and started rocking the car to get it free (without asking, or anything - it worked, but wasn't pleasant).

After it was free, it drove off, and everyone dispersed, I was left trying to get out, with cars driving past way too close, with a fair few honking at me, or yelling unintelligible negatives (this was in a crowded place, and plenty of people walked by without offering any help).

It put me off riding my motorbike, for long journeys (though I still use a pedal-bicycle for them, sometimes), as it's a lot harder to deal with problems like that, if you've got a long way to travel, and are unable to ride (both bike and leg were not in fit state).

05-Dec-2018 02:05:05 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2018 02:05:55 by Yusou Bhoroi

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :
Tuffty said :
First time is the worst time.

My 1st time was when waiting at traffic lights, when up in Nottingham. A car decided it was going to pull up to wait along side me, in the same lane (which is against traffic regulations), and the person in the passenger seat decided they were going to get out of the car (also against regulations), and didn't seem to register that I was there, despite looking right at me.

They forced the door out into me, knocking me over, and trapping me under my bike, which became wedged underneath their door. They then proceeded to get out, stepping onto my back wheel, and giving me looks as if they thought I was deliberately being awkward, and getting in their way/ The driver then flamed me for scratching the bottom of their door, and told the passenger to hurry up and close it - which they couldn't; so despite my protests, they started edging the car forward, which made matters worse, and dragged me along, which started tearing up my leg..

Not a great experience, and someone else turned up offering to use their jack to lift the car - the driver refused this, and carried on, at which point a couple of other blokes turned up and started rocking the car to get it free (without asking, or anything - it worked, but wasn't pleasant).

After it was free, it drove off, and everyone dispersed, I was left trying to get out, with cars driving past way too close, with a fair few honking at me, or yelling unintelligible negatives (this was in a crowded place, and plenty of people walked by without offering any help).

It put me off riding my motorbike, for long journeys (though I still use a pedal-bicycle for them, sometimes), as it's a lot harder to deal with problems like that, if you've got a long way to travel, and are unable to ride (both bike and leg were not in fit state).

Sorry this happened to you. =(

05-Dec-2018 04:27:41

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It was quite some time ago, and no permanent harm was done, so no worries : )

It was mostly the attitude, and the fact no one bothered trying to help, after the car had gone, that shocked, me. Certainly makes me more wary of cars that are next to me, when stationary, though - I had thought those were generally fine, until they started moving, again :p

05-Dec-2018 06:47:27

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to hear that Yusou Bhoroi.

It would have put me off too. Thats why I have camera's on my bike. 3 of them.1 on the front, 1 on the back and 1 on the helmet. I film everything these days in 4k. If 1 nutter causes me any issues they are on YT or the Police.

I've sent in 3 clips to the police so far in 14 months. Several have gone on FB and YT as funny clips. Have to have some sort of protection against stupid drives. It also helps with insurance when motorcyclists have to make claims against car drivers. I also have 4k camers in my car. Got some good clips on them too.

Camera's are a must these days. Cheap really but well worth it.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

05-Dec-2018 09:22:26

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :
It was quite some time ago, and no permanent harm was done, so no worries : )
Your bike would probably disagree. How long did you have to apologize to her for?

Tuffty said :
Camera's are a must these days. Cheap really but well worth it.
Yeah, you can get cameras cheap, but man... the sd cards are so expensive...

I threw a 2gb card (that I found in another old digital camera, only one that would fit as I forgot to order one when I ordered the camera) and the record time was so short... like, less than 10 minutes or so... and that's just on 1080p... I can imagine I'd get like 2 minutes worth if it was 4k.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada