Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Woowoo! Merry Friday! :)

It's pretty overcast here today, and looks pretty rainy for the next week. Better than 40 degrees. xd
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

29-Jul-2022 10:53:41

Jelly Beanz
Aug Member 2014

Jelly Beanz

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure where to post this but i have a question regarding a possible scam. A player in game asked me if i would like a gift so i said sure why not. They then asked me to add them as a friend which i did. Then a window appeared similar to an action bar window but it had every colour party hat and some other items. I clicked decline as i suspected it was a scam and too good to be true. Was that indeed a scam attempt ?

29-Jul-2022 12:42:31

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jelly Beanz said :
I'm not sure where to post this but i have a question regarding a possible scam. A player in game asked me if i would like a gift so i said sure why not. They then asked me to add them as a friend which i did. Then a window appeared similar to an action bar window but it had every colour party hat and some other items. I clicked decline as i suspected it was a scam and too good to be true. Was that indeed a scam attempt ?

If it smells fishy then you did the right thing by not accepting.

It's hard to say really if it was a scam but it sure does sound suspect.

Best to be on the safe side.

If you have screen shots or video of this you could send it to Jagex via E-Mail at:- [email protected]

Tell them everything that went on and they should check it out. If they have done this a few times and been reported a few times Jagex may just may ban them.

Glad you stayed safe though.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

29-Jul-2022 12:57:33

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,038 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Happy friday friends, hope u are all very well and in a happy place in your lives <3

Remember, if ever anyone finds themselves in a dark place full of sadness, don't be afraid to just speak to someone, anyone, may be a family member, may be a friend irl, if speaking to somebofy irl feels tough and you "don't wanna bother someone with your worries", speak to someone here by way of a random pm when you see any of us online, talking will help, i promise <3

Much love

Scouse - Ears are made for listening "oh, and holding your specs on your face"
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

29-Jul-2022 21:23:51

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Happy Friday 'Scapers! :)

I made it this week! It's still Friday, at least here in The States and elsewhere. Like they say in real estate, it's all about location, location, location.

Not much has been happening for me in-game this week. On Monday, I reached Dungeoneering level 95, thanks to the Dungeoneering Hole.

So, are you excited for the Wildy Re-Re-Rebirth coming on Monday? Yeah, me neither.

The bone biopsy wound is close to being healed. This Wednesday, it was only 0.2cm deep!

Scouse, that was a lovely post. Happy Friday Mr. Friday!

Good luck with your goals and enjoy your weekend.

Aslon Dak
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

30-Jul-2022 01:36:53

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Tuffty said :
Jelly Beanz said :

If it smells fishy then you did the right thing by not accepting.

It's hard to say really if it was a scam but it sure does sound suspect.

Best to be on the safe side.

If you have screen shots or video of this you could send it to Jagex via E-Mail at:- [email protected]

Tell them everything that went on and they should check it out. If they have done this a few times and been reported a few times Jagex may just may ban them.

Glad you stayed safe though.

As usual, Tuffty has provided sound wisdom here.

The only point I would add is it is not necessary to have another player add you as a friend for you to give them a gift. However, doing so does help unsavory characters to scam under certain conditions I won't go into detail about.

Let's just say I keep my Friends List full for several reasons. This is one of those reasons.

30-Jul-2022 01:52:33

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,038 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
Gareth Drago said :
I was surprised this morning when a pair of large taxi vehicles showed up to my humble dwelling, and three dozen intoxicated painted ladies emerged!

They made their way inside, asked if there was anything to drink, and were generally loud and disoriented. After several failed attempts to discover why they were here, one of the ladies told me "Aslon Dak sent us!"...and suddenly my world made sense again.

I tried to share some of the wisdom of Saradomin with these women, but only a few of them paid any attention to what I was saying. They listened for a moment, but they kept trying to pet me. I was not comfortable with that! Sadly, these ladies found Saradomin's wine more compelling than His words. :( One especially large woman, who appeared to be the spokesperson for the group, kept asking me when they were going back to Liverpool. Half-sobbing, half-screaming, layers of make-up oozing from her face, she said she wanted her "Scoooouse". I told her I had none. She got very angry, as did the other ladies!

They drank the last of my wine and stormed outside. From what I could tell, their plan is to find their way to Liverpool to, and I quote, "make that rat bastard sorry" for sending them away. At least I believe that was what that one woman vowed. A few of the slurred words were a challenge to understand.

I'm just glad I'm not the one they are furious with! Saradomin help that soul!

I have had plastic surgery and changed my name by deed poll, my name irl now is "Scouse" but don't tell anyone!!!

This post was from over a year ago but i just read it again and ive never laughed so much hahahaha, apparently i read it when it was originally posted cos i replied to it lol.

I may have been slightly tipsy back then cos i know if i'd have seen the funniest post ever back then i would remember lol, in this day and age being mr honest as usual, somehow i just re-read
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

30-Jul-2022 04:11:57

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Oh man, I remember this saga! :D My favorite part of Gareth's post:

one of the ladies told me "Aslon Dak sent us!"...and suddenly my world made sense again.

Hehe. :P

As I recall, I was in-game earlier that day. I saw Gareth was online, so I PM'ed him something along the lines of "I sent some angry drunken painted ladies to your place." He asked, "Why would you do that?" I told him, "They're looking for Scouse." He asked why. "Check the General Chat Lounge. Good luck!" and I logged out. :)

Gareth still plays RS, but only occasionally posts here. Every once in a while, he will talk to me in-game. He is a strict Saradominist, whereas I follow Guthix. Therefore, he likes to call me "Heretic". I call him "Zealot." It's all in fun. I've known him a long time.

Amazingly enough, he still speaks to me. :P

Next time I see him on, I'll give him your regards, Scouse.

30-Jul-2022 05:05:42

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top