Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Raw Lobbs
Nov
fmod Member

Raw Lobbs

Forum Moderator Posts: 2,346 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
16 years ago today, one of the most infamous events in RuneScape history - The Falador Massacre - took place.

Happy Anniversary to all who survived.

I am a survivor!I remember this day, it was really chaos. time flies O_o
(Brazil) Official Community Helper (Ajudante da Comunidade): Twitter @JagexHelpLobbs
| FC/CC : Comu PT BR |
Funorb
| RuneScape Wiki PT BR Burocr/Adm |

09-Jun-2022 00:03:33

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Congrats Raw Lobbs!

I distinctly remember I wasn't able to play RS that day in 2006, as the lousy dial-up connection I was limited to at the time was not working. I had no idea what had happened in RS until I was back online the next day.

I read about the Fally Massacre and thought, "Oh. Look what I missed out on." :P

We shouldn't romanticize this event, of course. Still, it's good to be aware of history, in case it ever repeats.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

09-Jun-2022 08:18:38

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Happy Friday everyone. Have a great weekend.

As you can see from the picture above I'm hoping to be busy redesigning my new fence that my dog broke after less then 24 hours lol.

Good job I know what I'm doing and the fence builders did a piss poor job and got paid for it.

Just hope it does not rain. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

10-Jun-2022 12:04:03

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,038 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is anybody selling any part worn woollen socks, the more days worn without being washed the better =)

Oh, and while i'm here.....

Happy friday to everyone who has the decency to randomly say hello from time to time <3

Goes without saying "i hope" i still miss you guys and guyettes more than you will ever know.

Much love

Scouse - Always there, never here <333
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

10-Jun-2022 21:18:04

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Draco Burnz said :
^Considering jagex did as there was an event for it at one point, i dont see why we shouldnt?

I mean just because it all revolved around a bug, doesnt mean it shouldnt be discussed.

Oh, I absolutely agree events like the Falador Massacre should be discussed, even remembered, Draco. RS history should not be ignored.

However, we shouldn't want for players to believe bug abuse is cool and fun, or that they won't be punished, or even banned, by Jagex for taking part in bug abuse.

Having said that, the 2016 event you mentioned sounded like a good time.

Borrowed from the RS Wiki:

"The tenth anniversary of the Falador Massacre was celebrated as a safe PvP event at the site of the original event starting on 6 June 2016. Following an announcement for a faux house party supposedly hosted by Cursed You on World 111 in Rimmington, players were teleported to Falador. The event then proceeded in two stages: in the first stage, players in the area were randomly possessed by the ghost of Durial321 and able to attack other players with either an abyssal whip, an ancient staff, or a dragon dagger, with victims unable to fight back; while in the second stage, a giant "boss" version of Durial321 would appear, which players could fight, along with fighting each other. The end of stage two, with Durial321's death, would trigger the restart of stage one, and so the event continued until its end."

I wonder if this safe PvP event might return in 2026 for the 20th anniversary.

11-Jun-2022 04:49:22

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Happy Friday/Saturday 'Scapers! :)

Earlier tonight I got 94 Runecrafting, making Woodcutting my only F2P skill still at 93.

I got the results from my MRI on Monday. Once again, I have an infection at my left heel bone, where I had a bone biopsy last summer. Right now, we're not sure if this is residual bacteria that survived the six-weeks of heavy-duty antibiotics I was on last year, or if I have a new and exciting strain to deal with. I'll be meeting with Infectious Disease on Monday and with Orthopedics on Wednesday so we can get this invading organism identified and come up with a plan of attack.

The good news is my infection marker, which should be 10 or less and was 18 a couple of months ago, is at 37. While that's not the greatest news, this same marker was over 100 when I was fighting two infections last year. By comparison, this is a mere nuisance.

It took the technician way too long to get my music going during the MRI. When she finally had BAND-MAID playing for me, which of their songs came up first during the MRI, for which I had to stay as motionless as possible? Shake That!! :P I had to laugh at the irony. I later explained my amusement to the technician. She thought it was funny too.

Good luck with your goals and enjoy your weekend.

Aslon Dak

11-Jun-2022 05:36:33

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good luck Aslon Dak with getting fixed up.

I had a MRI some time ago and they gave me a panic button and said push if needed and they would stop. I just grabbed it and when they were not looking dropped it as I knew I would push it several times. Instead just closed my eyes and thought of happy things. If I remember right I was riding a horse along a nice white beach on some tropical island enjoying the sun and the spray from the horses hoves. By no time it was all over. Took over 30 mins.

Still don't want another though. Hated it so much lol.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

12-Jun-2022 09:49:32

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top