Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Destruction said :
Don't take it personally Scouse, Aslon also didn't respond to me several times

Nobody should take it personally, and I'll tell you all why, though I planned to not mention it here until after it was done.

My vision is declining. I am ignoring nobody's texts. Sometimes, I can't read them.

Not won't. Can't. This is why I prefer to talk here. Text is easy for me to read on the RSOF.

A doctor examined my eyes on April 6th. Based on what he saw, what I told him I was experiencing with my vision, and my really good eye pressures, he is confident the cataracts that I have in both eyes have progressed to the point where they are interfering with my vision. If I opt to have surgery to remove them, I should be able to see clearer. Having the cataracts removed from even one eye should help me to see better, with even better vision restored after having surgery on both eyes. He explained they would start with my right eye, then do the left eye a few weeks later, provided all went well. The operation takes 10 to 15 minutes to perform. Afterwards, my vision could be worse for a brief time, due to inflammation. There will be medicated eyedrops I will take to soothe the inflammation. I am not at the point where I HAVE to have the surgery, but it could help to restore my vision. I have decided it is worth doing sooner, rather than later. The first surgery should take place in June, with the second roughly three weeks later.

For a simple procedure, the consent forms sure list a lot of possible, though unlikely, side effects of the cataract surgeries. Some of the highlights include blindness (the exact opposite of what I'm looking for), stroke, brain injury, and death. Death? That's a pretty serious side effect. I'm telling you right now - if the first surgery results in death, I am NOT going ahead with the second surgery! :P

I am sorry if my vision loss has inconvenienced anyone's textual desires.

We will get through it.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

17-Apr-2022 05:22:10

Zollhan

Zollhan

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone.

I really do hope you are all having a awesome day today. Go easy on me, I am new to these forums. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals in the next few months.

If there anything you want to know about me then go ahead, long as it not a personal question that will risk my safety then I will be happy to answer.

18-Apr-2022 21:31:31 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2022 21:33:29 by Zollhan

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top