Forums

$60,000 for New Skill Thread is locked

Quick find code: 14-15-456-66267927

Elion Z

Elion Z

Posts: 541 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
10 years ago, I was a poor student who couldn't afford to pay membership. Heck, for the last 2 years I've paid for Premier Club with gp (Bonds). Now I have $60,000 to spend on Bonds as I prepare for 2023.

I've worked hard to be in a position where I've spent $5000-$10000 dollars on different hobbies. But RS is not a hobby to me. RS is way more. I've spent over 10 years in this game. It has taught me different values, but also some harsh truths. No hobby takes my time, or gives me entertainment like Runescape.

A lot of people will think I'm crazy, but this is something I've wanted for a long time. When I look back in 20 years, I will have spent money on way stupider things.

More and more players have total spends over $1000 on RS. Do you regret your total spend on RuneScape?

30-Nov-2022 17:46:47

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I might have spent $750 real money on Jagex's games since 2001. I only spent on membership from 2001 until An Important Message From Mod MMG brought Bond MTX into RS3 and OSRS. Since the, I got my membership and related offers such as Premier Club with Bonds MTX I bought with in game gp.

The things is, even with $15 a month membership, it is already $180 a year. And in 5 years or so we will have to pay close to $1,000 already. I am sure plenty of players are paying such subscription for a lot of games and have spent well over $1,000 already, only that their $15 a month gives them more than 2 games. I doubt many of them regret spending a mere $1,000.

As for spending $60,000 on a new skill? I don't know where you spend them. It won't take $60,000 to max a new skill in RS3. Perhaps a lot more in OSRS on "new" skill similar to Herblore where payers can buy all herbs and 2nd ingredients. Not sure about $60,000 is enough to pay to win in a new OSRS skill though.

30-Nov-2022 18:25:06

ShallPrevail
May Member 2023

ShallPrevail

Posts: 583 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All the power to you, but hopefully you do know there are far better games out than RS3. Everyone is different and enjoy different thing's so at the end of the day RS3 might be what you enjoy most, so again all the power to you and enjoy. ^_^

Regret's a hard thing, do I wish I knew what I know now 5 years ago? absolutely but whatever I do I try to be productive, so I don't regret the money or time I've spent, but I sure know I could've invested my time and money on better things, sadly.
Always think creatively, and you shall be creative.

----
Here to help.
----
My Thread Finder:
14-15-793-66262730
Crooked Mods ~~

01-Dec-2022 01:03:46

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I spend real money on membership, and very occasionally to get some cosmetics or keepsake keys.

I'm not so addicted that I'm willing to spend large amounts of my hard-earned cash on a game, when there are plenty of things I could be buying for my family instead.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

01-Dec-2022 15:05:05

Prikauro
Nov Member 2018

Prikauro

Posts: 550 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, I do not regret spending money on RuneScape.

I think what people lack outside of RuneScape and/or gaming in general is when they say "you wasted your money on a game" , you can always retaliate the same question when they spend money on drinking, golf, sports, tickets to a movie, the circus, etc.... Gaming just another source of entertainment, and as such RuneScape is one as well.

Money well spent.
The one with too much
Determination
and
Pride
Prikauro's Safehouse
: Forums to Discord.
Current Clan
: Jas

01-Dec-2022 19:23:39

Quick find code: 14-15-456-66267927 Back to Top