Forums

How NOT to Be Scammed Guide Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 98-99-725-62437441

The contents of this message have been hidden.

29-Jul-2021 13:32:21

Lansthegreat
Oct Member 2020

Lansthegreat

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yes, it is very sad someone would go to such lengths to trick others out of money and or items. it is why I always try to know not to fall for such things. Also to add to this post it's good to know cyber security such as not believing certain things in game, but also on social as there are people trying to do stuff like that too.

13-Sep-2021 03:39:21

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,168 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Bunwink

Sadly I know you want to alert the RuneScape Community to this scam where someone asks you to buy items in GE for them because they " Claim " to have maxed it out. This is a known scam thats been running since GE started. Best advice I and others can give is to not fall for it. I know I'm a little late to the party here but I had to remove your post and screen shots becuse the named and shamed someone.

I and others can see where you are going with this but the rules are clear. You can't name and shame anyone including GE scammers.

Hopefully your ingame report and others will have done something to this scammer.

Good luck in the future.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

28-Sep-2021 10:01:40

Cyanoba

Cyanoba

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would have loved to see this information years ago when I had fallen for a lure scam after returning from a long time hiatus. Had four different people in on it and one was acting like they were on my side telling me just telegrab the money and run to screw them over. I was tired and dumb that day and it’s still left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a tear in the corner of my eye. Lost over 100M. Thought having played the game for ages I could one up on them. They posted the video on YouTube and people were calling me stupid and gullible. From that day forward I have been antisocial even on other games because I just don’t feel like socializing anymore. It’s like it left me with PTSD. I’ve never talked about it and I just needed to vent. I am also extremely embarrassed as a grown adult that I fell for it and I hope other players and even veteran players stumble upon this post so they can learn about the different tricks people use to screw others over.

Thank you.

08-Jun-2022 00:02:56 - Last edited on 08-Jun-2022 00:10:20 by Cyanoba

Quick find code: 98-99-725-62437441 Back to Top