MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corugi said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Thanks for the flower 'Rugi.

I think ..... O_o

You are most welcome Twillow.

Here is another plant. It doesn't have pretty flowers though. Instead it LURES INSECTS TO THEIR HIDEOUSLY SLOW DEATHS by exuding a scent and then trapping them within its vice like jaws! THEN IT EATS THEM! YEAH!

I am sure you will agree that such an interesting plant suffers no loss of beauty.

Hmmm. So THIS ^ is the genesis of the Jagexy Monsters!
Interesting mutation.

10-Mar-2017 21:03:31

MDove

MDove

Learned a lot, over the last year, casually reading Tech Sup&NXT.
Sometimes, my eyes rolling behind my head.

Singularity saying to someone...last month...70%players have NXT...she can't see them removing Java til 90% have NXT.

There seem to be so many inherent problems that I'm not sure they will do it even then.
Browsers dropping Java, etc. Firefox has dropped Java now, with no warning.

10-Mar-2017 21:08:44 - Last edited on 10-Mar-2017 21:14:39 by MDove

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried NXT. For all of five minutes. Havent been back since.

I still use the legacy interface ( dont like all those boxes cluttering up my screen, no matter how I resize them ) although I use the EoC combat system (which basically lets you kill stuff a lot faster).
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

11-Mar-2017 18:05:38

MDove

MDove

Corugi...........I'm eating-up those maple logs(simple parts)/slayer rings (precious parts)
for Nubvention...makes me feel I know something.

They're sayin by the end of this year, removal of Java, but...................
maybe not. Then again, this is Jagex, yeah. Sheesh, it's almost June.
The responses on Tech/NXT have slowed considerably...which kinda makes me uneasy...perhaps just a cycle.
Dunno, the end of the year will be interesting.

Now, have not seen anything bout OS....except that the OS launcher, has its own Java
built into it...

I've gotta say this...Won't be surprised if they do just "DUMP" it-gone.
Given, the responses of "Java holding up the progression of the game."
Gonna hurt people. People not aware of Forums, won't have a clue.
People who do?...oh yeah, Forums will be ablaze, I bet.

When my 11yr old Tower died last month...whelp, forced to get a new one...had to look towards the next 10yrs (computer-wise)...so, can run NXT now (before noway). Was perfectly happy with Legacy Client. Had to bite the bullet.
No issues, so far. If I had a choice, wouldn't have done it.

11-Mar-2017 19:32:00 - Last edited on 11-Mar-2017 21:13:16 by MDove

Corugi

Corugi

You are doing it RIGHT!

Yes, maple logs and slayer rings are universally accepted as being among the best/cost effective way to get the stuff you need. For us plebs anyway. For whales and uber rich players its a different matter, they just buy the most expensive stuff that gets them the bits they want as fast as possible.

This difference in outlook explains why some people spend OMFG millions on Invention and some dont. You can even profit, although the cost efficiency of the profits can be doubtful, depending on one's ability to make gp in game.

Say....where are u getting your maple logs from? From Kingdom of Miscellania I hope, selling the excess you dont need for profit, right?

11-Mar-2017 23:51:13

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Carnivorous ALIEN plants.
With rudimentary 'brains' containing 99.9999999% cabbage DNA.

They cross-pollinated with cabbages early in their evolutionary history because cabbages were the only vegetable stupid enough to find the mutating, carnivorous, ALIEN,
proto-JagexyMonsters even faintly attractive.

Turnips did consider it for a nanosecond but, after a high level Turnip Conference, the general consensus was "Nawwww, you're not even in our league you ugly twerps".
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

12-Mar-2017 00:10:20

Corugi

Corugi

BY THE GODS! We must bring this information to the public's attention!

Right, I am dropping all charges against Mary for being Twillow and you. Furthermore I am dropping all charges against you for being Mary and Twillow. I am not dropping the charges against Twillow though. She is as guilty as sin.

We must concentrate instead on "Origins of the Jagexies."

Tracing their genesis as alien pathogenic bacteria to slime molds, to carnivorous plants, to ...to....to... (something in between) ....to JAGEXY MONSTERS!

Complete with the very best photo-shopped evidence Imagur can provide!

We must place our discoveries somewhere where EVERYONE CAN SEE IT! And so be repulsed by the biological horrors that control Runescape!

Fifi, you are more of a forum hopper than me, OT or Stories? Which is less likely to get locked?

12-Mar-2017 00:27:22 - Last edited on 12-Mar-2017 00:46:34 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Okay, so I am just drafting some ideas here.

We start off as a team of archeologists, investigating the origins of the Jagexies.

We trace their roots back to pathogenic bacteria from another planet.

Then follow their evolutionary sequence as they mutate and become more complex.

Eventually...

So, ideas? Plot line? Development? Angles? Should we try to keep it coherent or should we just have a series of independent, oh you know, whats that word for like a series of short stories that together form a theme with an overriding story arc, damn it, what is it called? Venettas? Veientas? Damnit, something like that.

12-Mar-2017 08:30:29

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top