Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Posts: 20,901 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MDove said :
How about setting open cans of tunafish, strategically luring him to open the Fridge door, whereupon he will be sucked into the tube down into the Pit?
I built it for PTUVB, whatever, originally but ...

We could put sign on outside of Fridge saying, Jagex Mod Meeting Invite, inside.

That's a fantastic idea! Are we sure Corugi loves Tuna?
Time4Rants RIP Never Forget! 2010-2013, In Memory of Old Timer: ""I'm a doctor, not a spiritual medium!" RIP ;(
Shy Lego 2010-2011 RIP
Lego x LD= Forbidden Love. Legita=Forbidden Love

23-Jan-2017 02:00:18

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, yes. *blows bubble* SNAP.
He has often stated, referring to his Superior Tetsu Helm on his Avatar...that it smells like Tuna.
Part of his character.

As part of Legion character is Penguins/Firemaking, etc.
Fifi character is menus/chat/poetry, etcetera...ad infinitum, lol.

*blows bubble* SNAP.

23-Jan-2017 18:45:46

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Legionnaire said :
MDove said :
How about setting open cans of tunafish, strategically luring him to open the Fridge door, whereupon he will be sucked into the tube down into the Pit?
I built it for PTUVB, whatever, originally but ...

We could put sign on outside of Fridge saying, Jagex Mod Meeting Invite, inside.

That's a fantastic idea! Are we sure Corugi loves Tuna?

*Sees fridge*

Mods? Jagex Mods? I LOVE JAGEX MODS!

AND TUNA?

*WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!*
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

24-Jan-2017 07:25:29

Corugi

Corugi

Umm, look, I am really not that good at writting a guide. And when I do it tends to just turn into a repeat of information you can find on the rs wiki. Another problem is some of the ways I did are now out of date. Prices on the GE change.

I think I am trying to be too comprehensive. I think the only real value I can offer is context, which is something the wiki guide lacks, at first. ( It is there but you have to dig deep and analyse the data to find it ).

There's a lot of people out on the forums there saying "oh yeah you should it this way and that way". The trouble is it is so hard to judge their background and the context. I will give you an example of what I mean.

Okay, so some folks play a lot and have tons of money. They think nothing, absolutely nothing of blowing 100's of mill on getting the best perks. I am not joking or exaggerating. This is all fine but of little use to people who dont have 100's of mills to blow.

One guy might really love bossing, so to him the extra dps offered by some of the top weapon perks is absolutely worth it in the long run. But if you have no intention of bossing then such a perk is of little value to you.

One guy might be starting off with low fishing, so spending a reasonable amount of time and money getting the best tool perks is probably a good long term investment for him. For someone who already has 99 fishing, cheaper and/or different perks are probably better.

And then of course it all depends, are you going to stop at 99 or be one of those weirdos who go for 200mill xp?

See what I mean about context an background?

What I think I will do now is just provide short snippets of my opinion on various ways to train Inventions. What I would like is for you guys to respond with questions. That way we can build some context into the discussion.

Remember everything I say is up for debate. I blundered my way through this skill with all the finesse of a waterlogged packet of shortbread biscuits.

24-Jan-2017 07:34:35 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2017 08:51:01 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Okay, first. Fifi. Fishing Level 74.

So it is worth it for you to get some decent perks if you are going for 99.

Remember some perks are useless. Also, some good perks will come with bad perks. If that happens then you may as will diss the gizmo and try again. Fortunately tool perks do not come with bad perks iirc.

It will most likely take you multiple attempts to get the perks you want. This is where it can become very costly for the top perks.

This is the most important fishing perk to get.

Honed.
This come in 5 levels. The higher the better. This effectively speeds up your fishing by giving you a better chance of catching something. This in turns means your rod will gain invention xp faster, which in turn means it will use less divine charges.

You catch fish faster.

Forget about getting Honed 5 for now. Be very happy if you can get Honed 3. For a long time I had Honed 3. I have Honed 5 now, but only after a lot of attempts and when my invention level was around 100 and when I had some good compnents. (The higher your invention level the better your chances of getting a good perk ).

To get Honed.

Create tool gizmos. I suggest trying 4 or 5 at a time so you dont exhaust your component supplies too quickly.

Now this is where you have to start checking your supply of invention materials. Depending on your available supplies fill your gizmos with

Magic Parts

If you like, try swapping in sharp, precise and blade parts, but I would suggest just sticking to Magic parts for your first attempts, as they are more common. But have a look what happens when you swap in different parts, then swap them back out again before you make the gizmo. You will see the different effects each part makes to the chances of getting a certain perk.

The cheapest way I found to get Magic Parts was from dissing white magic staffs, earth runes, and death talismans.

That's all for now until I get a response.

24-Jan-2017 08:47:12 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2017 08:54:49 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

FiFi LaFeles said :
First Response:

How's life in the fridge - are you cured yet?

I seem to be in a pit. Well. Fancy that.

25-Jan-2017 04:43:09 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2017 04:58:44 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

FiFi LaFeles said :
Second Response:

Waiting for bxp weekend to do anything on Invention. Mustn't waste any of dem gainzzzzz.

After that, I do believe I will be flishing until my flingers turn into flish.

Well you can level up items with no perk, certainly, but in the long run its worth it to get at least one or two moderately good perks. In my opinion if you are not looking to max skills then there is little point training invention in the first place. You may as well be training construction instead ( as an analogy ).

Another option is to try for the
Scavenging perk
. This occasionally gives you free parts and components which can then be stocked, and then used later to create better perks.

Or
Wise
, which gives you a steady trickle of free xp when skilling. In your case you would be receiving free fishing xp. This perk is usually best on an off hand weapon such as the very cheap Excalibur sword.

Or
Enlightened
, which allows your augmented item to level up faster.

Remember that when you diss an augmented item at level 10 you get ALL your gizmos back (with their contained perks). So you can then put them on another item again and again.

At the very least you could get the efficiency perk which reduces the amount of divine charges you use ( and so saves you money ), but honestly this perk is of little use on augmented tools as tools dont use much in the way of divine charges anyway.

I can give you some ideas on how to gather the items for dissing into parts and components if you are interested still. It will cost though, No matter how cheap. And doing it the cheap way is of course more time consuming than doing it the expensive way.

25-Jan-2017 04:58:17 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2017 05:01:39 by Corugi

Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Posts: 20,901 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corugi said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
First Response:

How's life in the fridge - are you cured yet?

I seem to be in a pit. Well. Fancy that.

So you're not cured yet are you? THE BEAST STILL HAS HOLD OF YOU!!!!
Time4Rants RIP Never Forget! 2010-2013, In Memory of Old Timer: ""I'm a doctor, not a spiritual medium!" RIP ;(
Shy Lego 2010-2011 RIP
Lego x LD= Forbidden Love. Legita=Forbidden Love

25-Jan-2017 16:57:54

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top