Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prelude to Invention Guide.

Disclaimer: These are just some general tips and ideas for the way I trained Invention. I am well aware that they are not necessarily the most efficient and also that they are highly dependent on one's play style, goals, present levels, free time, gp and shoe size. For that reason I give my own general background so my advice can be judged in that context.

Back ground:

When Invention came out I was reasonably close to maxing. Dung was the last one left. I wept salty tears of pure grief to have my max cape stolen from me just as it was becoming in reach. Those Jagexy Monsters!

With only dung left as an available daily task I had toggled off all dailies except dung.
( Invention does not have a daily ). I decided I would max dung purely through dailies and channel all available free and bxp into invention. This is halved in xp value, but I had nothing better to spend it on.

I resisted spending considerable sums of money on invention becasue I am a cheap and nasty noob. Therefore I looked for ways to gain Invention xp at the cheapest cost. I found some methods that were actually profitable. Bear in mind that these methods may no longer be profitable so I would suggest checking them out yourself first before relying upon them.

Play style:

I usually log in every day becasue I can not resist those free TH keys. I usually make a point of getting every spare ounce of free gp free xp and bonus xp, to the point where I have a list of things to do next to my laptop. Yeah. I am a nerd. Sue me.

I do some activities that I know are not efficient. I just can't break my old habits. I just can't! :(

Objectives:

To get dat juicy comp cape. Oh yeah Baby.

Be warned: This is going to be messy. I may forget some points and stand to be corrected on others. Take it all with a grain of salt until I or someone else verifies what I have said. I will be editing and adding posts as I go.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

10-Jan-2017 05:15:17

Corugi

Corugi

Corugi's guide to being a cheap and nasty Invention noob.

General Strategy.

Assess your goals. Try to target invention activities that support your goals.

Example 1. Are you planing to get complete the Arc? If so then target woodchopping (bamboo) fishing (wobblegongs) and mining (crabs) with augmented tools. This way you kill two birds with one stone. Leveling up augmented weapons for later Invention xp while also earning chimes to complete the arc.

Example 2. Are you just planning on getting 99 in fishing? If so make a point of accessing the waterfall in Priff and use rodomatics. With all the boosts you have available. Eg. Shark outfit, granite lobster familiars, fishing outfit, fishing juju potion or perfect plus potion, call of the sea aura.

Example 3. Is getting 99 slayer your top priority? Then make use of any slayer masks everyday and the banner of the Godless boost. You can do it cheap with just using augmented black salamanders, and level 3 precise, and level 2 enlightened. ( or whatever perks you think, many of them have pros and cons depending on your style ). It is not necessary to have augmented armour, just faster.

General TIps.

DXP weekend

During DXP you do not gain dxp upon disassembling augmented items ( augmented weapons, armour, pick axes, hatchets).

However you DO GAIN DXP for dissembling general items for components (such as maple logs, bronze and iron swords, summoning pouches, insulated boots, etc) You can stack up a fair amount of xp by just dissing shit for xp, especially if you are low level in Invention.

You DO GAIN DXP for making Invention related devices. Eg. Divine charges, Rodomatics, augmenters, gizmos shells, perked gizmos, etc. Some such devices can be sold for profit. *drools*. The xp from this can be considerable depending upon your available components.

MOST IMPORTANT! You get DXP for blueprints. Therefore I strongly advise saving blueprints for DXP's alone.

10-Jan-2017 05:45:58

Corugi

Corugi

DXP continued.

During DXP the rate at which your augmented gear levels up is twice as fast. For example that means it takes half the time (and half the charges) to level a rodomatic to 10. Instead of about 2.5 hours at Priff waterfall it will be more like 1.25 hours. Obviously then this is a good time to level up gear. Just remember though, as I stated previously, you DO NOT GET double xp when you disassemble them. So when you diss a rodomatic at level 10 during DXP you will still only get 459,000 xp. Therefore there is no point "saving up" gear to disassemble for DXP.

Perks and crap like that....

Oh god...umm, look, I will write something about it tomorrow, okay? Too tired right now.

10-Jan-2017 05:46:21 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2017 08:49:15 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Res TBC

Notes:

Sourcing components.

Creating gizmos.

Which perks for which gear.

Working out which perks are best for which situation.

Time cost versus gp cost of components.

Cheapest methods versus time cost.

Judging advice given on RSOF and reddit.

Conservative methods versus Expensive methods

Juggling inspiration and blueprints.

10-Jan-2017 05:46:36 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2017 08:53:06 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Res TBC

Notes:

Your friends: Bank standers and Junk Refiners.

Profitable Items to make. Will only advise in game by PM.

10-Jan-2017 05:46:55 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2017 09:17:42 by Corugi

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't even have access to Ports yet, and don't do combat unless I have to so I guess it'll have to be the ole Fishvention for me.

When I get Priff access, of course :|
(3 quests left to do)

I've got the Rodomatic already, at level 7, just from fishing here and there.

I see I have much work to do.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Jan-2017 04:55:21

Corugi

Corugi

FiFi LaFeles said :
I don't even have access to Ports yet, and don't do combat unless I have to so I guess it'll have to be the ole Fishvention for me.

When I get Priff access, of course :|
(3 quests left to do)

I've got the Rodomatic already, at level 7, just from fishing here and there.

I see I have much work to do.

Fifi. A few questions, just so I can provide relevant advice to you.

1) Do you have any slayer masks?

2) Which fishing boosts do you use and do you have a full shark outfit?

3) Have you made any gizmo perks yet and attached them to your rod?

4) Do you have access to any part of the Arc?

5) Do you have a crystal hatchet and/or pickaxe?

11-Jan-2017 08:58:53

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top