Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zomgex! Fifi! Are you implying that the singer of songs like "Sparrow" and "Goodbye" is in fact our own long lost 0815 from the German forums???? I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

27-Nov-2016 05:55:29

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a strong suspicion in this regard. As such (Lego) I think any burning at the stake must be postponed until investigations are complete.

Not sure about burning Brig. I rather like Brig. Could we perhaps just set fire to the forums, for a laff?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Nov-2016 11:51:35

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Mary, my lovely. You remind me of someone. Someone German, actually.

Can't carry the bricks that 0815 did....*sigh* 0here's to ya, 0815...
So much for philosophy.

Goodonya, guys.

Wanted, so badly (eegags) to say on my last Ninja/Robin Hat post, ---Ya know?! Ya really should listen to your own Forumers, first. Gee whiz.

27-Nov-2016 22:58:35 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2016 12:52:00 by MDove

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Meanwhile .... back at the Ranch ..... won't be around for a while. Thank you, 'Rugi & Crew, for being such jolly good eggs.

Make sure you keep the forums the home fires burning ^_^

Well, Fifi...as of Monday morning (when Ninjas supposedly have their meeting), managed to get your Thread back to page1.

2. Then, for Tuesday ( Twitch date-Saw your Ninja question...Hoping it gets read. There are only 2pages, as of now-you are #11.) I won't be seeing the Twitch session.
I will post again today, later, in order to get your post 1st page...again for Tuesday.

At this point, will be posting best I can, as no one else is...???
Figure Mon/Tues could be important, in the outside chance that anything really ever gets looked at.

If I've brought a smile/laugh to any of your faces, it's been payback. You've earned some laughs.

Corugi...think my favorite of your combat shots is of your Battleship " knocking" on Ninjas door...OMG.

28-Nov-2016 18:52:13

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Golly! This all sounds so final.

But I must say I have been thinking that clan Grief has run its course. If you have all enjoyed your time posting here then be assured that I most certainly have had much pleasure in reading all your creativity, wit, and good humour.

As I confessed to Shady Nick in chat once, we are just a private chat thread. No more, no less. A place where we could share our sense of humour without being bothered. And we have been very successful in this regard. Quality posts that have had me in tears of laughter. Postings of hilarious and very thoughtful images, the creation of bizarre scenarios that we have all collaborated on. No morons posting their crap here, no spam posts, no drama, no mediocrity, no cabbages hiding posts and locking.

We essentially created a self moderating sub forum, albeit a small one, relying upon the quality of the content we posted to sustain it.

But there was one failure. We just didn't seem able to expand much on our "membership." I regret this for I am sure there are many more forum users out there with whom we share the same values. I had naively imagined that the curious would have a look at our thread and say "My God, these people are mad! I want to be part of that!" I imagined that some would "join" and contribute, letting us grow substantially in numbers and therefore adding to the content and the diversity of our bent dialogue.

I think I know the reasons why, as I am sure all of you do. Our disguise as a "Griefing" "anti-clan" made us too obscure. Not being obscure though, I think, would have lead to an immediate lock by the cabbages. We never seriously recruited because we are all too drunk, fat and lazy, and because active recruitment might defeat the purpose anyway.

So in summary I think that if we wish to continue then its time to reinvent ourselves. As something new, something different.

Suggestions?

Oh, and when we do close the door on clan Grief, lets go out with a bang. Is that a B52 I see?
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

29-Nov-2016 03:06:28

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I don't think there was ever much fear of the cabbages sending their killer caterpillars in to devour us, I've always had faith in them (overall) and believed under the green, wrinkly and oft-times crusty residue there lurked a sense of silly. Or, at least, complete bafflement.

And why fear? What could possibly be objectionable about human sacrifices, kidnapping, luring, extortion, back-stabbing, mucous and plots to commit mass genocide?

This thread has been for me the last vestige of harmless fun left on the forums. All else is a wasteland of bitter resentment and dispute between the population and The Creators (aka the Jagexy Monsters). Just reading the W&F brings me low; such acrimony and no respect, not a jot nor tittle of mutual respect or even attempt at concord from the Goldies - most of whom are absent in both fact and in spirit. The W&F Goldies, who were always active, have done their best but seem to receive no support from their colleagues.

The Feather is not going to change any more than the team who "look after" the forums. I'm officially abandoning the War because, really, what's the point. The Ninjas who are supposed to give weekly updates .... don't. Like CM they are now silent and absent.
Le Chat Guerrier

29-Nov-2016 11:19:01

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

As for the entity that is Grief, I suspect also that it may have run it's course. Largely due to the miasma of apathy that hangs over RSOF like a radioactive cloud (hmmm, so that's what happened to the 'missing' B52 eh?).

I guess these days people would far rather split hairs until Judgement Day arrives, invent drama, mock and needle FMods and complain about being hacked. Nick did his best to kick-start a dying forums but I don't think he had a whole lot of luck.

Reinvention is tempting (so long as it's something subversive, edgy and totally off-the-wall).
I've got a lot of stuff to be doing in the run up to Crimbo so will be somewhat AWOL, but I will most definitely ponder this as I'd hate to lose forever in the slew of mediocrity the few utterly insane souls who have enriched my foruming experience.
Le Chat Guerrier

29-Nov-2016 11:31:40

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top