Forums

(-% The Caped Carousers %-) Thread is locked

Quick find code: 93-94-844-65451473

MrPoopyHand

MrPoopyHand

Posts: 8,262 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
MrPoopyHand said :
I read through the thread and to me, it seems like this is a "no fun allowed" clan...
I guess my friends were right I suppose lol

If your definition of 'fun' is immature, childish or antisocial behaviour, trolling or baiting, then perhaps you're right and this isn't a clan you should join.

If on the other hand you're looking for a place to kick back, relax and have a laugh with friendly, helpful, mature players, however, then this could be the place for you.

My friend got banned from the clan for saying the word "kk", which apparently was not allowed to be used as it caused "confusion".

06-Jun-2016 13:57:54 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2016 01:04:25 by MrPoopyHand

Lumine

Lumine

Posts: 15,239 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know who your friend was, but I don't 'ban' people just for saying things.

That said, we no doubt asked him not to say it, seeing it's explicit in the clan rules as one of the inaccurate abbreviations that annoy many of us. And if he said "No, I'm going to keep saying it, and you can't stop me," I imagine I said, "Righto, then you're not going to get on with us and we're not going to get on with you. Bye."

It doesn't cause *confusion*; it causes annoyance. It is, not to put too fine a point on it, a really stupid abbreviation. It's used by people who think that the reader should put all the effort into understanding what was written, after the writer's put in none.

If that perspective annoys you, then you're obviously not someone who wants to join us. Join some other clan, and leave Carouserhood to those who are even now thinking, "Omg, there are people who agree with me about this?" :D
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

11-Jun-2016 15:48:42

MrPoopyHand

MrPoopyHand

Posts: 8,262 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lumine said :
It doesn't cause *confusion*; it causes annoyance. It is, not to put too fine a point on it, a really stupid abbreviation. It's used by people who think that the reader should put all the effort into understanding what was written, after the writer's put in none.

This very paragraph just defines this clan. This whole explanation on how an epic crusade should be fought against banning a simple abbreviation. A stupid, small, useless abbreviation can cause SO much annoyance in this clan. Wow.

Good lord, I cannot even IMAGINE how any of you people can raise kids at all in the real life.

In my 15 years of gaming, I've never, ever encountered an MMO clan/guild that puts so much strain on the usage of an abbreviation. This is unprecedented. It explains quite a lot about certain... members this clan holds, however. Going to leave it at that, no need to strain you people any longer with criticism from the outside world. Lmao

12-Jun-2016 02:18:01 - Last edited on 12-Jun-2016 02:20:19 by MrPoopyHand

Lumine

Lumine

MrPoopyHand said :
Lumine said :

This very paragraph just defines this clan.

Pretty much! If you think it doesn't matter how you write, you don't want to be around us. :P

MrPoopyHand said :
Good lord, I cannot even IMAGINE how any of you people can raise kids at all in the real life.

Very successfully, thanks for your kind inquiry. And as excellent writers. :D

MrPoopyHand said :
It explains quite a lot about certain... members this clan holds, however.

You mean Arch? Yup, he founded the clan eight years ago, and he's been one of my best friends for longer than that. If the prospect of being in the same clan as Archaeox and people who like him horrifies you, we really don't mind a bit if you go elsewhere. :)
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

12-Jun-2016 05:31:26

Lumine

Lumine

The Clan Chat 'Caped Carousers' is currently open to guests as a trial.

If you want to drop in and talk to everyone who uses the CC, instead of only that subset who log into the open FC 'CarousersFC', now is your opportunity. :D
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

13-Jun-2016 10:02:16

Tarakava

Tarakava

Posts: 4,087 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello. :)

(-% APPLICATION FORM - Clan Membership %-)

1. Please give any previous RuneScape display names that you have used under this account:
Senrab

2. What’s your favourite bar or pub in RuneScape?
I've never really thought about it... I'll go with the Rising Sun because it's in Falador.

3. Have you read the group rules properly? (
YES
/NO)

..3a.. Do you agree that if admitted you will read the Citadel Smithing protocols on the clan website, *before* embarking on the creation of ore, charcoal or bars in the Citadel? (
YES
/NO)

4. Do you agree to be bound by the Carousers' Code and the disciplinary procedure? (
YES
/NO)

5. What time zone are you in? (Please give your standard time offset from GMT.)
GMT -6

6. Do you understand why real life drinking is dangerous, and should be approached responsibly? (
YES
/NO)

7. You do have a Quest Cape you can currently wear? (
YES
/NO)

..7a.. And you've completed every current quest including 'Gunnar's Ground', 'What's Mine is Yours', 'The Death of Chivalry', and the REMADE versions of 'Wolf Whistle', 'Druidic Ritual', 'Death Plateau' and 'Demon Slayer'? (
YES
/NO)

..7b.. Have you checked your Adventurer's Log to ensure that your answer to 7a is really true? And you realise that if it turns out not to be, you will be permanently declined even if you stated that it was so in good faith? (
YES
/NO)

cont.

16-Jun-2016 23:25:35 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2016 03:32:40 by Tarakava

Quick find code: 93-94-844-65451473 Back to Top