Forums

Bwian's Towel and Grief Shop Thread is locked

Quick find code: 93-94-667-66024825

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corugi's 3rd report on Eve Online.

Summary: Dont bother. Its as boring as hell.

To get around the stars you have to this two step "warping" thing. Like a teleport animation in RS, but ever so slightly and infuriating longer. Its pretty much the same screen shot every time.

You can set your ship on auto pilot but then you risk getting blown to pieces by other players, especially if you have anything valuable. Even if not then you can spend 20 minutes traveling to anywhere interesting. Now imaging watching your character auto teleporting to Lumbridge for 20 minutes... you get the idea.

You can become a trader. Which means hanging out in a trading hub and buying low and selling high...just like everyone else who does it with the aid of third party programs...which brings me to the point that to do anything well in Eve you need to have a set of third party programs. Making money in Eve is pretty pointless because you will never be able to compete with the basement dwellers who use automated programs to do it 24/7 and who use third party programs to do it a lot more efficiently than you.

The money you do make can really only be spent on outfitting spaceships which can be used to fight NPCs, which is akin to killing monsters in RS although visually and mechanically less interesting. Otherwise you go after players who will kill you within seconds unless you are prepared to spend years learning the the intricacies of Eve's combat which may be simple enough but which is highly obscured by the nomenclature, which essentially means learning an entirely new terminology. In any case as a f2p player you will most likely end up losing against any p2p players. Nope, bugger that.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

04-Jan-2019 06:54:43

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are other things you can do but honestly the effort of spending prolonged periods of time warping through star systems to get to them just puts me off. Especially when half the time you will then discover you need some specialized piece of equipment or purchasable skill. These will only be available at a reasonable price at another star system some 20 minutes of warping away.

Haha!

No.

Apparently life can get more interesting in Nullsec areas, which carry a much higher risk to reward ratio. Ive been there a few times. You warp through a gate and get instantly blown into subatomic particles by some guys who spend their days hanging around waiting for people to come warping through. Once you get there you can do more mining or exploring or making stuff or selling stuff for much greater profits and much greater chance of being blown up into a cloud of dust circling a planet. But let's say you start making huge profits, then what? Okay, then you buy better spaceships so you can go hang out and blow up people trying to warp though. Riveting.

The game play is just boring.

The really interesting stuff, the huge wars, the immense spaceship battles happen only rarely, and only if you are part of a big corporation or alliance. Then, someone like me, will just be a tiny cog in a huge machine built up by people who have devoted vast amounts of irl money, irl time, and in game time to achieving these mighty structures.

Likewise for all the politics, social engineering, manipulation, espionage. Years of game investment. I simply can not angle a shortcut where I could achieve anything of note. There have even been players who have spent considerable effort to deliberately acquiring reputations as hypocritical arrogant and immoral sheer bloody bastards. Much as I admire them, I simply can not invest the time required to play a game of catch-up in the bastard stakes.

But I'm not resubbing to RS in the foreseeable future either. Guess I will just float here in space.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

04-Jan-2019 07:14:16

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,754 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you Google 'Corugi' you can actually find out he used to play Clash of Clans. He mentioned on a forum of that game four years ago or so he was going to make a clan in RuneScape.

If you liked that game, there's a Star Wars version of it as well.
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

05-Jan-2019 12:18:21

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You actually Googled "Corugi" ??????

Oh man. Big mistake.

If you haven't already, I suggest you pack a small bag, grab your Passport, get to the nearest ATM and draw out all your available cash and book urgent passage to Vale do Javari.

See you in about 10 years, if the Isolados do Rio Quixito or T.H.R.U.S.H . don't get you in the meantime.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

06-Jan-2019 00:22:03

Quick find code: 93-94-667-66024825 Back to Top