Forums

Bwian's Towel and Grief Shop Thread is locked

Quick find code: 93-94-667-66024825

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,754 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Hang on a sec ..... what's Snoop doing here? I was damned sure we'd eaten her.

I think we need an Exorcist.

I watched the movie (awesome music by the way) and I could take a look if you want. Tie her to the bed (beware of the puking and if the bed starts floating).
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

29-Dec-2018 12:18:13

barsnoop
Jul Member 2004

barsnoop

Posts: 1,926 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

I think maybe the pedals on my tricycle stuck in your throat

hums" I like to ride my bicycle"
The Lingering Lurker

29-Dec-2018 17:49:39

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Flac said :
Corugi said :
I think you should all start Eve accounts. Just so you can all suffer alongside me.
How much will you pay me?

10 MILLION ISK!

Just meet me near my home station. It's in nullsec. Yes. Where you will be perfectly safe...Yesss.

Kings Abbot said :
Corugi said :
I think you should all start Eve accounts. Just so you can all suffer alongside me.

No thanks.

I find your lack of faith to be... disturbing.

I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

30-Dec-2018 04:28:54 - Last edited on 30-Dec-2018 04:31:58 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

FiFi LaFeles said :
Hello, and how are you basement dwellers today?
Satisfyingly smeared in algae, used toilet paper and rat poo, I trust.

You could break free from this misery, you know.
Oh yes indeedy!

All you need to do is make an Eve account and you will know the meaning of utter despair and degradation, and will return to this reeking cesspit with abject gratitude.

Fifi has obviously played Eve.

Apparently it has always been like that. Here is what one player, called Levitate, said about Jita, which is a major trade hub, seven years ago.

Levitate. 7 years ago
Jita is a cesspool of human degeneratives anyway. I hope they nuke the whole thing from orbit.

barsnoop said :
FiFi LaFeles said :

I think maybe the pedals on my tricycle stuck in your throat

hums" I like to ride my bicycle"

And yes, apparently Barsnoops somehow managed to escape being dissolved by the juices of the digestive tract. Look, here, I took this snapshot of her just the other day.

30-Dec-2018 04:37:14 - Last edited on 30-Dec-2018 04:45:06 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Anyway...

Here is my first report on Eve Online. Which no one asked for.

Its is absolutely stunningly boring. To play. Which is good. Exactly what I am looking for. Something which I simply will not want to play for any prolonged period of time.

On the other hand the "hands off" approach of the developers and the fairly unregulated nature of the game make for a very interesting community of players, who get up to all sorts of shenanigans.

These people include the very worse distillation of humanity you can imagine. Treachery. Betrayals. Double crossing. Blackmail. Espionage. Senseless violence. Hypocrisy.

These are people entirely without a moral compass. People devoid of any ethics. People wrapped up in their own supreme self importance, manipulative, cruel, stinking of arrogance and soaked in sociopathic inclination. To merely associate with any of them, from even light years away, would be to have one's soul consumed by consummate EVIL.

They are my kind of people.

But here is the kicker, what I really want to share with you about Eve Online. Please sit down, this may come as a shock to you.

THERE IS NO LOG OUT TIMER.

Yes.

That means you can log in, undock your Venture spacecraft, warp it out to mine some asteroid, go afk, mow the lawns, clean the windows, remove the cat from the dishwasher, and come back... AND YOU ARE STILL LOGGED IN! Your spaceship full of ore, floating there in space. Waiting for your further command.

This is a good thing because mining asteroids is astonishingly boring.

30-Dec-2018 05:08:27

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,754 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ So basically afk RuneScape where others can raid your stuff when you're mowing the lawn?

Also, mining an asteroid isn't boring when you use explosives. Nitroglycerine should work in the vacuum of space as it contains more oxygen than needed to blow up the stuff. Every four molecules releases one oxygen gas molecule along with the nitrogen gas molecules, carbondioxide and water. Do prevent shocking the stuff, as it is quite unstable.
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

30-Dec-2018 18:07:33

Corugi

Corugi

Kings Abbot said :
^ So basically afk RuneScape where others can raid your stuff when you're mowing the lawn?

Also, mining an asteroid isn't boring when you use explosives. Nitroglycerine should work in the vacuum of space as it contains more oxygen than needed to blow up the stuff. Every four molecules releases one oxygen gas molecule along with the nitrogen gas molecules, carbondioxide and water. Do prevent shocking the stuff, as it is quite unstable.

Enough of your seedy molecular chemistry! Its not even needed in Eve online. Why, one can magically fly through moons and shoot lasers through friendly spaceships into the enemy ones!

Eve has very little basis in physical reality...and that's why I just cant get too interested in it, other than the political and social engineering stuff that goes on. It also contains a fairly high amount of head fuckery and poor design choices that on occasions, shockingly so, even makes Jagex look good.

Ironically, another nail in the game play coffin is the very reason I am dipping my toes in Eve. It has a free to play version, which is a fairly recent thing for EVE. This of course encourages bots.

So you have ftp nublets like me coming along and immediately discovering that not only can a ftp account do bugger all in terms of interesting game play but that you also competing against bots for resources.

On the other hand the Eve community is far more sophisticated and mature than RS. Present company excepted. Of course.

Political intrigue and Machiavellian manipulations are openly admired. The level of carebearism is far less and openly mocked where it does exist. Role play is almost an inherent part of Eve. For example I recently encountered one group called "Code" who act as a mafia, collecting fees from players in return for not attacking their afk mining operations.

I am not the first one to observe that Eve Online is a game far more interesting to read about than it is to play.

31-Dec-2018 02:21:23

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Eve community sounds wonderful. I wonder if they could be inveigled to come over and play Runescape. We really need more people utterly devoid of even the merest vestiges of humanity or sanity.

Ye Gods! If we bribed them well enough just think of the annexations we could achieve, the havoc, the wretched, wailing grief :D Makes my heart soar just to think about it, so it does. Do you think they would be tempted by a course of 6 Line Dancing lessons and a fake Stetson each?

Btw, Snoop is looking surprisingly intact given the amount of amateur butchery we practised. Perhaps we should try some of Abbo's nitroglycerine next time. Although we'll have to find someone willing to scrape her off the walls, I'm not doing it again.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

31-Dec-2018 02:23:12

Quick find code: 93-94-667-66024825 Back to Top