Forums

Penguin Locations v805

Quick find code: 75-76-277-66293485

Mooge
May Member 2006

Mooge

Posts: 1,531 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Canada Grrl! I love you so much. Your longevity and consistency has been remarkable across the last 15 years and you have been an inspiration to me and I am certain many others along the way. I know you will continue to be so as well.

We have both been spying penguins for all this time. I have been playing on this account since 2006 and after almost 18 years I have made it to 5.5 billion xp and counting. I continue to be someone who always spies 24 penguins and 2 polar bears each week (with a weekly reset token of course). My current penguin qc says "I have found 4805 penguins in total" with plenty more to follow.

We both lead our community clans; I have been on the leadership team of The British Elites for 11 years now. We are both used to being there for our people when they need us and helping them along the way as much as we can every day. Thank you for also being someone who does this day in and day out, week in and week out.

I do truly think it is outrageous what Jagex are doing with our forums but I won't dwell on that for too long. We will always have our memories here of the place we used to call home. But here is to what is to come and I hope you will continue to shine your light in exactly the same way you have done so far for the last decade and a half.

I would also like to give an honourable mention in this post to Diomedes Osu who always posts the exact locations of penguin from 1 to 12 on page 3 of this list; he has been fantastic for a long time as well I truly appreciate everything he and the rest of Team Penguin have done for me personally and for all of us collectively as we have gone about our journey in Gielinor together.

Cheers to all those in Team Penguin who have done all they can to make the last 15 years as good as they can be. Thank you again so much for everything you have brought to our community for the last 15 years and here is to the next 15 years in whatever form that may be.

With determination and hope,

Mooge :)

24-Jan-2024 13:45:44

Kwco
Aug Member 2010

Kwco

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love hunting pengs. Have been hunting on this account since about 2011? & when 2x became a thing started doing that. The xp earned from points, generally, went on prayer, & summoning. Now that I am 5.8 I still hunt them 2x & get gp.

About 2 years ago I picked up a 2nd account & started pengs on it almost immediatly. Again points to prayer, & Summoning. Saved points up on 2nd for "emergency" lvl up :) & now to Necro ! 2 accounts x2 ...... 4 rounds of pengs once a week on reset !

Life revolves around Tues reset. I so appreciate the work that goes into them. From CG posting on forums, to Dio posting locations, to HighHand now sharing ghost. To the many, many Hunters, Herders, Trappers, & callers. What a community this is & CG is the Leader of it all.

I have found you on discord :) & will continue the hunt for as long as I play. Don't see that changing anytime soon btw.

TY CG for all you & your TEAM do for this community > It is truly appreciated by this player.

Happy Hunting !
KWco & KWco 2

24-Jan-2024 14:47:47 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2024 14:49:19 by Kwco

Jacqdarkmoon
Jun Member 2003

Jacqdarkmoon

Posts: 4,006 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Been hunting with y'all since almost the beginning of Penguin Hunting. Gonna miss the convenience of coming to these threads on the forums (easier for me than Discord or Reddit) though I'm not going to miss the 10 minutes of stupidity it now takes to log into the Jagex site. :P

24-Jan-2024 16:46:11

Dirtydrow
Jun Member 2006

Dirtydrow

Posts: 5,945 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks a million Canada Grrl
I have been visiting your site for years and really appreciate what you have been doing over the years for penguine hunters
Its a sad day when Jagex cant be bothered to keep these's forums alive shame on them
we'll be sorry to not see your clue's anymore
Best of luck with whatever you do in the future

Dirtydrow
we resolve to endeavour to perservere

24-Jan-2024 17:08:53

Bawdytrollop
Feb Member 2009

Bawdytrollop

Posts: 375 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a bittersweet time for all of us. I have been playing Runescape for 15 years and have chased penguins for almost the entire time. I remember logging into the penguin thread as vital before I entered the game. At the time, it was a great accomplishment for this technology-phobic wench to navigate to the penguin thread and post. We got to know each other as much through the forums as we did in game. We posted our accomplishments (aided by penguins, of course) as well as locations. There were hearty debates, complaints and occasional drama.
I hope we find someplace to put all 805 threads, to allow us all to reminisce about the past versions of RS, and us.
As part of the WRC (Wildy Reset Crew), I have lived (and died too many times to count) through a lot of changes out there too. Change is inevitable and I try to accept it all with grace and humor. The end of the forums is not a bad thing. The threads are bare and have lost their life blood, players who post there.
For those of you hesitant to move to Reddit or Discord, I have this to say: if I can do it, anyone can. I hope to see you all there.

24-Jan-2024 21:10:37

Joy2c
Nov Member 2006

Joy2c

Posts: 169 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A huge thank you to Canada__grrl and the whole team peng crew. I was lost and fustrated looking for pengs with FedUp found me and taught me a few tricks. Then started looking for pengs in earnest. Most of the peng hunters have been awesome, wonderful, and fun. And i get to go out with a bang! Used my peng points and got 25 huge lamps to past 90 necro!

Will totally miss the forums, someone the wiki just isn't the same.

24-Jan-2024 21:39:08

Bawdytrollop
Feb Member 2009

Bawdytrollop

Posts: 375 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And now I'd like to honor Canada Grrl.
It is not uncommon for players to be unaware that penguins get herded to convenient and safe traps for your spying pleasure. Few know or appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears Canada has put into penguins, the forums and Runescape. I stand in awe of a Grrl who has given up hours and hours of her life to help the community, with no gainz to be had for herself. I haven't held a job or lived in one place that long!
Canada has proven herself a leader, framing the team's mission as service to the community and expecting team members to remain courteous and patient. She - and the team- are constantly working to make spying easy and fun. She has been instrumental in turning an activity into a community within a community.
Know Canada is not alone, although I am unsure of all the people to credit for the success of penguin hunting. Armcie, Aveo, Boomer, Powotae and many others figured out spawns, spawn patterns, identifying strong traps and herding techniques. Termluke and others continue to do research. Spart is a former General who got me started herding, and helped me to be unafraid of the wild, who also contributed a great deal. I cannot recall the names but there were a few team members who made sure lvl 3'scould spy Mort pengs, before they could access Canifis and the swamp. These are but a few of the tributes I offer. I am proud to find myself among such people.
And Canada has been central to it all.
Thank you Canada Grrl and all the early Penguin Pioneers.
The forums may close but the community continues.

24-Jan-2024 21:39:58

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,357 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I've never contributed all that much to this thread apart from an occasional post to update an change in peng location. I have used it though since the very beginning and it's helped me so much.

I'm one of those players who tends to play solo but I can't tell you how much I appreciate those players, like Canada Grrl and the other W60 penguin ranks, who have put so much energy into helping others.

I'm sad that the forums are going. This was my go to place for all things peng as well as other issues like technical help.

I may end up using Reddit as it doesn't need a login but the Discord and X are not for me.

Keep hunting all!

24-Jan-2024 21:49:59

Urdoe
Nov Member 2006

Urdoe

Posts: 109 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh no!! I've been a part of this from the start! Do they have an excuse for something so innocuous has to be kicked to the side? This forum had anyone that wanted to help or needed some help finding a penguin.
I will miss this so much!
Thank you so much for your dedication to this thread Canada Grrl!! I'll try to keep up to date with plan B.

24-Jan-2024 22:10:30

Quick find code: 75-76-277-66293485 Back to Top